What's new

Padilla Habano

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Someone sent me a Padilla Habano Robusto for the lottery and I got a chance to smoke it over the weekend. Let me tell you this was one fine cigar!! It was the only NC I can remember that had that "barn yard" aroma that is more associated with CC's than NC's. The cigar had perfect construction and the draw was effortless. I need to get my hands on more of these!

As search online shows two different bands on these cigars. Which one is the new band? This is the one I smoked but isn't the band I see most online.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Someone sent me a Padilla Habano Robusto for the lottery and I got a chance to smoke it over the weekend. Let me tell you this was one fine cigar!! It was the only NC I can remember that had that "barn yard" aroma that is more associated with CC's than NC's. The cigar had perfect construction and the draw was effortless. I need to get my hands on more of these!

As search online shows two different bands on these cigars. Which one is the new band? This is the one I smoked but isn't the band I see most online.

I'm new so forgive my ignorance but, doesn't Habano mean it's from Cuba? And doesn't NC mean Non-cuban? Is this Padilla Cuban or not? :scratchhe

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

http://www.niceashcigars.com/Padilla_Habano_Cigars.asp

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
My dad got a couple for me and I loved them. Especially for the price! The band shown is the old one, and I was confused when I got those sticks too! The new one is like the other padillas (minus the Miami line) and is silver with a colored outline and a big 'P' in the middle. They come in sweet boxes, too.

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
"Padilla Habano
The new Padilla Habano is a bold and complex blend of Tobaccos created under the supervision of master blender Gilberto Oliva of Oliva cigars. Padilla Habano starts with a blend of Nicaraguan grown Cuban seed tobaccos grown in Jalapa and Condega. It is then topped off with a special first generation Cuban Habano wrapper grown in Esteli, Nicaragua at the Oliva family farms. This wrapper is dark and oily with a reddish-brown rust color. The flavors coming from the Habano are slightly overwhelming. They include cedar, coffee, cream, chocolate and more! It is full bodied with a smooth finish. "

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
My dad got a couple for me and I loved them. Especially for the price! The band shown is the old one, and I was confused when I got those sticks too! The new one is like the other padillas (minus the Miami line) and is silver with a colored outline and a big 'P' in the middle. They come in sweet boxes, too.

TYLER

I've been doing a little further research on this since my post and it appears that the band is the new one not the old one.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
This is why I am confused????

The Padilla Miami 8&11 selection is a limited edition, all-Nicaraguan tobacco cigar meticulously handcrafted in Miami's Little Havana under the direction of Cuban-born master blender, Jose Pepin Garcia. Each cigar is blended with Cuban-seed Crillo & Corojo long-fillers and vintage Corojo-seed wrappers with Cuban-style triple caps. The result is an exquisite, full-bodied smoke that has achieved 'outstanding' scores for its rich, complex flavor, and long, smooth finish. A must-smoke!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Chuck, yes those are the new bands.
Mike, the Padilla Miamis are a Pepin blend, but the rest of the line (to my knowledge) are not Pepins.

TYLER