What's new

Padilla Miami rated 94 by CA

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have a churchill of the new blend I believe. It's got the redesigned band at least. I'll see about smoking it tomorrow maybe and I'll let you know.

PepinAddiction

Thought Criminal
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=442

Got an Email from Cigar.com that the Padilla Miami was rated 94, not the old Pepin blend, but the new banded one. Not to be a sceptic, but has anyone tried them? I had one after the split up that I was told were the new blend and I was not impressed. Are these a different blend with the new band?
I don't really have much to add to this... other than I had two post split-up and was disappointed as well. Definately didn't meet my expectations. Perhaps I should give it another look. Maybe I had numb taste buds that day, because I didn't pickup much flavor at all.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Oooh I'll add that I have some Miami Lanceros that have the original bands that were not rolled in Pepins factory. If that was in fact the reblended version it had good flavor to me.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i'm gonna have to smoke an old miami 8.11 tonight. got a belicoso that's been screamin at me for several months now.

fire in the hole!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new corona in the humi waiting to be smoked. Perhaps i'll light her up tonight and report back, I never had one of the old ones so i cant offer a comparison on that front though.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
love the old blend. still have a couple boxes of them!! haven't tried the new blend. no real desire, but a 94 rating? hmmmm...

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Okay I smoked the churchill this morning and it was alright. Now I don't have an apple to apple comparison though. The only original Miami's I've smoked are Salamon, Lancero, Beli(ci exclusive), and corona. Not of the same sizes of what I smoked.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A Padilla rep mentioned that the new band Miami's are the same blend, but a different wrapper. Padilla was hoping to open his new Miami factory by the end of 1st quarter 2009, so currently any new band Miami's are rolled in Honduras.

I have a fiver of the new band, and am waiting for some warmer weather to fire one up.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also tried the new churchill and was not really impressed. It seemed to be a bit on the chary side for me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Old is great, new is nice, went in on a box of torpedos with another guy a the B&M, they were really good, not 94 good, but good. The 1932s are nice in the Robusto size.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Two completely different cigars. The original Miami 8&11 was a powerhouse. The new Miami is a great cigar with a slight floral finish. I have one more Pepin Miami 8&11. Most likely, I wont smoke it until I can veg in the chaise lounge and drink a few glasses of Pappy Van Winkle.

Jason

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I had a Robusto of the old blend with a couple years of age on it and it was a powerful smoke. I also smoked 3 or 4 of the new band Torpedo's and have enjoyed them very much. I like them both equally, but they are different. No real similarities.