What's new

Padron 85th vs. Padron 45th vs Lost City Toro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Long time lurker here!

I have a gift card and am thinking about using it towards a box of one of the above. With the gift card, the total comes to within $50 (85th cheapest, the Lost City Toro highest, and the 45th right in the middle.) Given the opportunity, which would you buy a box of? :help:

I have never tried the Padron's or Lost City, but have had a few Opus X which I have really enjoyed.

Kind of leaning towards the 45th, but thought I would get some opinions from you all.

Thanks!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I think most prefer the 45th over the 85th, or at least from what I have seen, but the bottom line is it comes down to what you prefer. Buying a box that is over $200 without trying them is a little steep for me, I would buy a box of the ones I personally liked the most out of the three.

That said, hop over to the introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yep same here. You never know if you will like it or not. Its all taste more money doesn't necessarily mean that you like it more.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
i liked the 45. Excellent stick
I agree with Dennis although Craig has a very valid point about investing blindly. Personally since most of my cigars are close to that flavor profile I'd skip all of the above and buy a box of Ashton Heritage Churchills as a change of pace. :ccool:

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
I think most prefer the 45th over the 85th, or at least from what I have seen, but the bottom line is it comes down to what you prefer. Buying a box that is over $200 without trying them is a little steep for me, I would buy a box of the ones I personally liked the most out of the three.

That said, hop over to the introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself.
If you're dropping that kind of money already, I'd agree with picking up one of each and buy a box of my favorite.
^^^^Exactly what they said. I can't imagine not liking any of those but buying a box that expensive without trying them first is even more unimaginable.

Good luck!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys. Good point about trying them first (hadn't even considered that! lol) :pokemyeye I'll try and bounce by the B&M and see if they have any of the Padrons I can pick up.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My personal preference, the Lost City, then 45th Maduro, then 85th last. They are all great cigars though.