What's new

Padron Mex wrapper - I'm now a believer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just picked up a LADC Mi Amor... took it out of the celo and took a nice big whiff. It seemed very familiar so I took one of my Londres maddys out of the celo and took a whiff.

I kid you not I thought I was smelling the same cigar. My nose has never spoken so clearly to me... that wrapper on the Londres is from Mexico. I didn't want to believe the rumors for the longest time but now there is no way that I can say that these Londres in my humi are Nicaraguan puros. Just thought I would share my findings on this. I'll still keep smoking padrons because they're just a spectacular smoke, from the x000's to the 26's I love them all. All this really proves is... I LOVE MEXICAN WRAPPERS.

One last interesting tidbit: Nowhere on the Padron website do they mention where the leaf comes from on any of the lines. :skew::skew::skew:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've never understood why some people would have a problem if Padron wrappers were from Mexico ... Would they suddenly not like them? I don't care where they're from, I like 'em. Though honesty goes a long way!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've never understood why some people would have a problem if Padron wrappers were from Mexico ... Would they suddenly not like them? I don't care where they're from, I like 'em. Though honesty goes a long way!
Honestly I would not care... not one bit. They should just come out and admit it thou because integrity matters.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
As a rule of thumb, tobacco from Mexico sucks.

I am sure there is some good stuff out of Mexico also, and if the wrapper Padron uses is from Mexico that helps prove it. Recently there has been some decent wrapper coming in from there, the mi amor is one example, but there is still a stigma against tobacco from Mexico.
:smokingme

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just smoked the Mi Amor for the first time last week too and damn it was pretty good. I was told by another cigar maker about the Mexican wrappers on Padrons and yeah, annoyed at first but it goes to show that you can pull quality out of something that traditionally has let us down.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
As a rule of thumb, tobacco from Mexico sucks.

I am sure there is some good stuff out of Mexico also, and if the wrapper Padron uses is from Mexico that helps prove it. Recently there has been some decent wrapper coming in from there, the mi amor is one example, but there is still a stigma against tobacco from Mexico.
:smokingme
Mexican tobacco is stealing all the jobs of American tobacco. Just isn't fair. :"(

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot of that stigma came from the horrid earlt Te Amo's and other "mexican cigars that sprang up back in the day.

There are an as load of companies using mexican maduro wrappers now days.

That whole rumor scandal with pepin buying padrons crop from mexico...anyone remember?
That was EO brands securing mexican wrapper for their Murcielago. They may have paid more than padron and got the crop. Which apparently was a padron supplier.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
im right there with the rest of you guys, who cares where the wrapper is coming from as long as it tastes good...and lets be honest, it doesnt just taste good, its AMAZING. Nowhere does padron advertise their x000 series line to be a Nicaraguan puro, so why are we judging them for using a mexican wrapper? I mean it makes sense for the price that they are able to sell that cigar at, they need to cut down costs, and the most expensive actual part of the cigar is in the wrapper (typically).