What's new

padron serie 1926 40th anniversary torpedo

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
last night while lounging at seriouscigars I decided to send no. 642548 to its fiery death.

cosmetically this cigar exhibited the excellent padron craftsmanship you would expect. solid as a brick and drapped in a taut, as if held by magic, semi coarse wrapper. the sharp topedo tip most have been solid enough to impale into a dart board across the room. which fell with a hard thud on the cover of a magazine when I clipped it with my xikar.

upon being lit it released copious amounts of thick thick smoke, rife with lots of spice and nutmeg goodness. very smooth and cool smoke, so much so that I took a deep inhale of the third puff which immediately sent my soft palate and back of my throat into a white peppery frenzy. fantastic. a few minutes later his cigar lead me down a floral path which quickly brought me to a bitter cocoa oasis. at the half way point I noticed it had flattened out somewhat and drawing just a tad harsh and slightly metallic at times.

nothing that a good purging and rest for a few minutes couldn't cure. the torpedo once again came to life. past the half way mark it started burning a little crooked, but that was quickly corrected by a blast from the torch and the cigar was pretty much in cruise control the rest of the way.

my only complaint was that towards the end the ash started to flower and I was slightly distracted by the stems purposely constructed into the cigar. it looked as if a piece of mangled barbed wire was stricking out from it.

if you are lucky enough to come across a few of these, pick one or two up and set them aside for a while. they need a short nap to transition from being on the verge of greatness into becoming near perfect.

the end

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've smoked two so far. I had no problems with the burn or a harsh taste, but I smoke my cigars fairly slowly. The creamy, chocolate tastes lasted to the nub. I highly recommend one of these, but at $25 a stick, it won't be part of my regular roatation.

Definatly the best cigar the Padrons have ever done.

Mikey

Smokestack Lightning
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
I've smoked two so far. I had no problems with the burn or a harsh taste, but I smoke my cigars fairly slowly. The creamy, chocolate tastes lasted to the nub. I highly recommend one of these, but at $25 a stick, it won't be part of my regular roatation.

Definatly the best cigar the Padrons have ever done.

Nice review...and with comments like this,it makes me itch to light one...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Jorge, are you telling me that Ron has MORE!? I'm a certified Padron freak and I love these things.

I've smoked a few and still storing a few and find them very hard to resist, (the price helps though)

Barry

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ron actually has them online...Last time I looked, there were 30 left. Better hurry up!

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1

the 40th is on the right.

oh and serious cigars is out of them again :smt077 . new ones coming in next week.

also, expect to see a 40th torpedo in a natural wrapper :smt045

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Yup, the 40th will be released in a natural.

Also the 40th will be a permanant part of the padron lineup, very limited, but Jorge said after the box humidors are gone in 3 or 4 months, they will continue to sell the blend.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
:smt103 A PMM with that low of a number! Holy crap! I'm not a fan of the natty paddies that much. It sucks they created all this hype about the 40th Anni's only to have them become a permenant part of the '26 line up.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice review, I have yet to try one, but I have number 364482 waiting patiently in my humi. Going to have to give it a whirl pretty soon.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Found this review this morning and thought I'd add to it a bit...

I fired up number 138591 yesterday. She'd been sitting for a while, waiting for a special occasion.

Appearance was, as usual for Padron, flawless. It lit like a charm. First few puffs were just as I expected - I actually sat there and smacked my lips thinking how good it was and couldn't wait for the next puff. Perfect burn all the way, ashes held on for just over an inch each time. The flavor seemed to change a couple of times throughout the smoke. Lots of creamy smoke. Never did have any harsh flavors, even to the very end. Took it to the smallest of nubs, just hating to put it down. All in all, it was 1 hour and 45 minutes to the end of this story. I'll be picking up a few of these to keep around just in case. Fantastic smoke.