What's new

Padron triple cap... or atleast double cap?

Padron triple cap... or atleast double cap?

• I would pay a few cents more per stick for a nice triple cap.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • At their price point, they should atleast have a double cap!

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • They should do a triple cap on atleast the 64 annis and up.

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • They're fine as they are... no need for a new cap!

Votes: 35 53.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
How many brothers would like to see Padron upgrade to a triple cap, or atleast a nice double cap? I think it would be much easier to cut the head without the wrapper unraveling. I usually punch Padrons for this reason, but sometimes that little excuse for a cap just ends up falling off.

It seems like they are the only cigar maker out there that does such a poor job of capping off the cigar, even considering some very entry level cheapies.

What say you all?

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
It's be nice, but I'll be honest that I don't care so long as their smokes keep on being consistently incredibly tasty..

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I have thought that for a while, but the smokes are so goood, that I soon forget the single cap that is cut off. For what we pay for the 64s and up, I would like to see a more substantial capping. I'll keep smoking them with it, because i love me some padrons.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I vote better cap.
I wish most retailers would use a better cap. Even Tatuaje, the cabaiguan cap always cracks and comes off. I hate that.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Crappiest cap in the premium cigar business I say. But apart from that, they are some of the most consistent great tasting cigars available today.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Apart from how good and consistent Padron can be, when the price of the 26's 64's and the family reserve comes into question I think there should most definitely be a triple cap.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I agree with alot of you who say the 64's and up should have a triple cap. They're spectacular as they are, I'm a HUGE padron fan. That's why I started this poll. But the cap is the only thing that really stands in the way of perfection. It would definitely drive home the "cuban tradition" motto that they carry.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
But WHY? What is the reason for the single cap is what I wanna' know, there has to be some type of logic behind it. Padron's know what they're doing, to say the least. I'm sure there is some type of reasoning behind it, I just wish I knew.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As long as they keep consistently tasty, I don't mind about the cap. Other than that, they have some of the best construction around, IMO.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i've never had a problem with a padron''s construction; never had one unravel on me. not sure what a triple cap would accomplish... or a double for that... if it's not broke....

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yeah, I have honestly never had a problem with the single cap. It always came off cleanly and I never had any unraveling issues.

Plus, you could always just use a punch.

And again, I must say that I've had cigars with double and triple caps that started to unravel even though I only clipped the first cap off.

Padrons have great construction regardless of the number of caps they put on.

It works, so why mess with it?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I've never had a problem with any of the x000 line I've smoked. I have had a few issues with some of the 29's and 64's, but nothing major. Their cigars are so good that I've overlooked any small problems I've had and really they haven't detracted from the smoke any. So while it'd be nice to see some better caps (whether that be triples, doubles, or just doing the single better), I wouldn't stop smoking them if they didn't.

Dan