What's new

Paging Dr. Mom/Dad

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well not that you have a ton of answers here's my experience with pink eye.

I was going through my technical training for explosive ordnance disposal back in 2003 and woke up one morning with both my eyes glued shut and red. So I went to the doc(Navy corpsmen) and got checked out. "ooh yeah that's pink eye". So they gave me some goopy eye gel for the bacteria, it didn't do a damn thing after a week. I noticed it was getting worse when dead skin was being shed from the insides of my eyelids(I think at least). I would know there was a layer when my vision got blury, not to mention I could feel it. So I decided to try out some allergy eye drops and they worked. No more red and no more itch. I used them way longer than I was supposed to, but as soon as I graduated school(this was all taking place in the last couple weeks) my eyes got better. I believe it was a black mold problem in the building they had us housed in.

So it could be allergies, but with it only in one eye, probably the pink eye.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Dave - has your son been doing a bunch of welding? I know a few welders and if they weld for extended period sof time with a faulty mask, or if they do it with no mask and their eyes closed, they can get welders' burn and the symptoms are very much the same. Takes a few days to recover, but after that, he'll be good to go and can weld away. :cool:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dave - has your son been doing a bunch of welding? I know a few welders and if they weld for extended period sof time with a faulty mask, or if they do it with no mask and their eyes closed, they can get welders' burn and the symptoms are very much the same. Takes a few days to recover, but after that, he'll be good to go and can weld away. :cool:
yep that was it. I just put his torch in the attic so he can't get to it and we should be cool in a couple of days.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
good. hope all turns out ok. seriously

i know you know i was just kidding, but thought i would clarify just the same.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Pink eye...sucks. Al good advice, mostly. Dr. visit a really good idea. Better safe than sorry. Good luck Dave. Hey soon you will have TWO to worry about.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Pink eye...sucks. Al good advice, mostly. Dr. visit a really good idea. Better safe than sorry. Good luck Dave. Hey soon you will have TWO to worry about.
:dunno:I don't get it, or maybe I do..... I have 2 to worry about now, and am not planning on another. I did make a comment in a thread the other day about a new baby, but that was as a joke because of the teenage pregnancy pact in Mass, that the thread was about. Anyway sometimes my humor is best saved for me.:rolling:see what I mean, I thought that was funny.

Anyway I ran home at lunch to fix the wifes car:argh:. luckily it was just a lose battery cable. The kid seems to be in a great mood, but has an advanced pink eye infection that has spread into the skin around the eye. Same Antibiotic treatment, but this causes the skin to swell and turn pink as well. Thanks for the concerns guys.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
:dunno:I don't get it, or maybe I do..... I have 2 to worry about now, and am not planning on another. I did make a comment in a thread the other day about a new baby, but that was as a joke because of the teenage pregnancy pact in Mass, that the thread was about. Anyway sometimes my humor is best saved for me.:rolling:see what I mean, I thought that was funny.

Anyway I ran home at lunch to fix the wifes car:argh:. luckily it was just a lose battery cable. The kid seems to be in a great mood, but has an advanced pink eye infection that has spread into the skin around the eye. Same Antibiotic treatment, but this causes the skin to swell and turn pink as well. Thanks for the concerns guys.
That does suck, I hope he gets better soon, And just don't let him touch the other kids eye. You will really have a crap load of trouble on your hands.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If it's not pink eye...then he's a zombie (South Park episode)
LOL, I was just thinking that! Don't let him bite you Dave!
All you have to do is find the original zombie and decapitate him -- then everyone else with "pink eye" will become human again!

Seriously tho, I hope he gets better soon! Pink eye sucks hardcore.

TYLER

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Has anyone talked about Pink Eye yet??? :sarcastic............Good Luck Bro