What's new

Pairings Thread?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone refer me to a good thread for pairings spirits with exact cigars? Or, if ok, start a new thread. Scotch, Vodka pairings, etc...Thanks a bunch

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo with LP#9 is my personal favorite! Also had a Baitfish with dark roast coffee for breakfast the other day...yum!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
$$
Macallan 18- ryj Churchill CC my father le bijou
George stagg- partagas sd4 cc trinidad robusto extra cc or partagas black padron 64
$
Buffalo trace- la herencia oscuro fuerte
Gentlemen jack - St. Louis Rey

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Any Liga with Macallan 12 or 15. Any older and I would rather sip it on its own because the bouqet gets so complex I'm afraid I'd miss something (read: I'm too broke to really give it a fair shot... ;) ). JW double black is amazingly smooth and goes well with just about any maduro/oscuro you throw at it. Beer wise I generally alternate stella or negra modelo deopending on my mood, but they go great with most. I really enjoyed the modelo with opus blends. I've never paired a stick with vodka... May have to give it a go...

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am going to say that Bourbon and pretty much any cigar go well together. Come to think of it, Bourbon is good with everything :).

I like 4 roses, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Jim Beam Devils Cut, and Gentleman Jack. It really just depends on my mood. I do find that when i'm drinking higher proof Bourbon, I like my cigar to be stronger too. For me, a stronger cigar complements the alcohol burn.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Bookers, straight up, with a CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger
Jesus! You don't mess around!

For me, it's Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva (best rum on the planet, to all you Zaya/Zacapa drinkers!) with one large ice cube and a twist of lemon, paired with absolutely any cigar you're smoking. This is how it's done.

Other fun pairings:
- Kelt VSOP with a BRC
- Rye or a Sazerac (cocktail) with an 858 Rosado
- Ardbeg Alligator/Uigeadail with Miami Tats
- Infuse a cheap vodka with chai tea (takes all of 30 seconds) and use it to make a White Russian. Then fire up something with coffee and/or cocoa notes (e.g., padron, fuente or your favorite maduro).