What's new

Pairings Thread?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah, but it's nighty night rabbit after that. Gonna give your white russian a shot; how do you infuse the vodka?

Bookers, straight up, with a CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger
Jesus! You don't mess around!

For me, it's Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva (best rum on the planet, to all you Zaya/Zacapa drinkers!) with one large ice cube and a twist of lemon, paired with absolutely any cigar you're smoking. This is how it's done.

Other fun pairings:
- Kelt VSOP with a BRC
- Rye or a Sazerac (cocktail) with an 858 Rosado
- Ardbeg Alligator/Uigeadail with Miami Tats
- Infuse a cheap vodka with chai tea (takes all of 30 seconds) and use it to make a White Russian. Then fire up something with coffee and/or cocoa notes (e.g., padron, fuente or your favorite maduro).

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I'm about to blow your mind....

V Melanio with a Dr. Pepper 10
LP 9 with a Diet A&W

Make sure that root beer has some age, gives the vanilla time to come to the front. Don't be jealous, not everyone can keep up with me.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Almost died reading this
I'm about to blow your mind....

V Melanio with a Dr. Pepper 10
LP 9 with a Diet A&W

Make sure that root beer has some age, gives the vanilla time to come to the front. Don't be jealous, not everyone can keep up with me.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Yeah, but it's nighty night rabbit after that. Gonna give your white russian a shot; how do you infuse the vodka?
1. Get a tea ball and some loose chai spiced tea. I have a two inch ball, and I filled it. It doesn't really take that much, though.
2. Pour a bottle of room temperature vodka out into a pitcher.
3. Drop the ball into the vodka pitcher and bounce it up and down until the vodka turns dark brown throughout. (This is shockingly fast. Mine took 30 seconds or thereabouts.)
4. Funnel (and maybe strain/filter, depending on the quality of your tea and tea ball) the vodka back into the original bottle.
5. Chill and make white russians: 2oz chai vodka, 1oz coffee liqueur (I prefer Trader Vic's to Kahlua - not as syrupy and more coffee!), on the rocks in an old fashioned glass... then just top with an ounce or two of light cream, milk or half and half. Whatever you've got will work, and it's awesome.

It's so damn good. I heard a rumor the Chief created CroM just for it. Rumor or not, it f'ing rocks.
Skip hangs at my local from time to time. I'll ask when I see him. From what he's said to me, the Cromagnon line was just the kind of thing he like to smoke.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for suggestions so far. I tried a JW Blue with AF Hemingway Classic and it actually made the cigar better than usual. Although that JW Blue is way overpriced. I have some Beluga Gold Line Vodka coming in. I'm wondering what to pair with that.....

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
no, adam, THIS is how you blow someone's mind:

melanio. and buckeyes. seriously, candy pairing!

lady brought me home some candy when i was first trying the melanio out, and i was too tired to think about it, but DAMN did it work well! the peanut butter and chocolate really loved the sumatran wrapper. need to try a correlary with 7th capa or some such. reese cups might work, but are not the same as a well made buckeye.

try it, trust me! o)

EDIT: not drinking, i am grinning and crying inside in equal parts on this thread. bookers and cromag! OMG!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Drambuie with any cigar and my next libation is Amarula. Both of these will enhance the cigar smoke to where the finish on the palate will stay longer....it's the finish of a cigar that we remember most because it leaves the taste longer. These two libations mix with cigar smoke about as well as anything I've ever had and it just makes the overall experience that much better.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
With Vodka maybe a flavorful mild-med... Cremo, La Cima ENG, Emilo Suave, Lou Rodriguez Connecticut or Chaveta Habano.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sounds worth a try. Local b&m is having a tasting, I'll bring a stix or two.
Drambuie with any cigar and my next libation is Amarula. Both of these will enhance the cigar smoke to where the finish on the palate will stay longer....it's the finish of a cigar that we remember most because it leaves the taste longer. These two libations mix with cigar smoke about as well as anything I've ever had and it just makes the overall experience that much better.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358652879.089467.jpg

This turned out to be a much better pairing... I agree as well that you've got to go easy on the high proof bourbon to let the flavors of the smoke and the bourbon blend while not burning out your palate. And you need to pair it with a smoke like this with a big bold flavor profile.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Room 101 Daruma Mutante and Bruichladdich 21yo Sherry Cask - holy shitballs!
T52 and Laphroaig Quarter Cask
Bruichladdich Octomore 5.1 and FFP
Ardbeg Day and Tat Black PL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to have a Tripel Karmeliet with every cigar...great beer that doesn't over power the cigar.

Here are pics of some combinations I've enjoyed 1) LADC Mi Amor Reserva and a Young's double chocolate 2) EP Carrillo New Wave and Tripel Karmeliet 3 & 4) Oliva Serie V maduro and Headley Grange with a Blanche De Bruxelles (Belgium white beer).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bookers and CroMagnon is my shit.

Great with Jester King Black Metal Stout also.

Aquitaine pairs well with Four Roses Single Barrel and Jester King Whiskey Weasel Rodeo.

Intemperance BA XXI pairs well with Flor de Cana 18 and Jester King Mad Meg.

Intemperance EC XVIII pairs best with coffee, but it is also great with a Flor de Cana Silver 4 Mojito.

All of the above will be a part of CroMagnon Culture 2013, so if you miss Dark Lord Day, you may want to consider coming to Austin late summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments