What's new

palio: a dog's choice!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i emailed them,,, can't blame them if they don't... hopefully, my "BOTL" affiliation will help out!! if not, guess i gotta get another one....

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
It wouldn't surprise me if they replace it, they're good that way. But more importantly, is the dog OK? I hope he didn't get to close those blades!!!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
well, the leather sheath is still MIA... i hadn't seen the cutter in a couple weeks,,, figured it was in a pocket somewhere... dogs are fine!

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Son of a B---!! He had to go for the Palio and not the $2 plastic cutter :argh:

At least he didn't get cut, he's very lucky about that!!

Say, I know you're a big Michael Vick fan, are you sure it was an accident....j/k :devil:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
my guess is they replace it. i dont sell the carbon fiber Palios, or there would be 1 on the way to you.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Xikar has an ad about a firefighter whos cutter got destroyed in a fire. time for Palio to get all the dog owners on thier side..LOL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be really cool if Palio replaced it for you free of charge. Let us know what they say. Hope you had a good time last night. I'll catch up with you next time around...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
per cigarmony:

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, no that wouldn't be covered LOL!

I can extend a huge discount on a replacement though. Unfortunately, they are currently on back order from Palio. I can let you know when more arrive if you like.

I hope this helps and thanks again for the support, I greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mark Neff
CEO / President
Cigarmony LLC

guess i'll go for the huge discount!

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Jeff,

Maybe you should buy your dog some normal treats. Those Palios are going to get real expensive if you don't break him out of that habit.:rofl: Glad to hear he's o.k. It looks like someone owes you a fiver.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
per cigarmony:

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, no that wouldn't be covered LOL!

I can extend a huge discount on a replacement though. Unfortunately, they are currently on back order from Palio. I can let you know when more arrive if you like.

I hope this helps and thanks again for the support, I greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mark Neff
CEO / President
Cigarmony LLC

guess i'll go for the huge discount!
Did you try Palio directly?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Not to throw a wrench in this, and I don't want to come off the wrong way here, but why is everyone even considering requesting this be covered under warranty? The folks that serve us in the Cigar community, who are also a part of the community (Mark Neff being one of them, as is the owner of Palio) give us better service than we can expect just about anywhere. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but this smacks of trying to take advantage to me. Your dog chewed your Palio. That's not a valid warranty claim for any product I'm aware of.

From Palio's website:
"We at Palio cigar cutter don't take our slogan "A cut above" lightly, we live by it and think our warranty should epitomize it, so it's as simple as it gets! If you feel that the Palio cigar cutter you purchased has lost it's ability to deliver a quality cut, assuming it has only been used for it's intended purpose (cigar preparation), at anytime during it's life of use. Simply return it to ANY Palio cigar cutter vendor for a replacement. No questions asked! "

You are putting a vendor into a crappy position. Either they take a hit they shouldn't or they have to tell you "no, I can't cover this". I'm sorry, but even asking if this was covered was a bad idea IMHO. There is a chance that if you contact Palio directly he will take care of you. But ask yourself: Should he have to? Why should he be the one to spot you the $Xs it will cost him to send you a new unit free of charge?