What's new

Palm Pre

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Rumor is that this is coming out at the end of the month.

There are some videos out there of the OS: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnlzbuLRwM"]YouTube - Palm Pre[/ame]

Thing that sucks is that I probably will have to give up my old $30/month plan because sprint cancelled that program, but this phone is going to be awesome.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The most important thing is the interface/operating system. If you like Palm, then that's the way to go...but it's VERY different from Blackberry. If the device isn't easy and fun for you to use, then you won't be happy with it no matter now cool it looks.

I'm an Apple guy, so I prefer the iPhone interface/operating system to any other.

So I'd say play around with all of them and get the one that seems to fit you.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
If you like Palm, then that's the way to go...
I disagree.

This is a new device using a brand-new OS interface (Web OS) that has nothing in common whatsoever with the old Palm OS (although it can run the old Palm OS in emulation if you desire).

I've been following the Pre for months now, and it's easily the most significant "smartphone" to be launched since the iPhone. The Blackberry Storm turned out to be a joke and a sales failure (and laughing stock of the tech blog community); the Google G1 isn't ready for prime time yet (although it's got the bones to be a beast); Windows Mobile 6.5 was barely an upgrade, and Mobile IE still can't render a friggin' web page properly.

But the Pre seems to be doing just about everything right.

Of course, I would expect that to be the case with Jon Rubinstein ("The Podfather") at the helm.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I wish Sprint would do something about getting the iPhone... Although I do enjoy my blackberry curve.

I used to love my Treo 650 (best fone ever) but once they moved to the centro, They lost me.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
You *liked* the Treo 650?

Wow--my wife had one. She disliked it, and I thought it was positively the worst mobile electronic cellular device that ever set foot into my home. I nearly took a hammer to it on multiple occasions.

I recently spent some time with a BlackBerry Curve. Nice hardware, but the software interface was bleh.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
You *liked* the Treo 650?

Wow--my wife had one. She disliked it, and I thought it was positively the worst mobile electronic cellular device that ever set foot into my home. I nearly took a hammer to it on multiple occasions.

I recently spent some time with a BlackBerry Curve. Nice hardware, but the software interface was bleh.
liked it? no, I loved that thing!!! The text messaging was organized, the fone is easy to use...
the blackberry took some getting used to... and now I only dislike the way it stores txt messages. I like messages to be stored like a conversation, so that it stores all the txts from one person, as a long list... forever.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Go try it out at a sprint store. I was looking at one and went and talked to the sprint guy about it and he pulled the demo from behind the counter...vip stuff;) But seriously...try it out. I was personally not a fan and ended up with the last treo. I like it a lot better than my 700w...just my .02 though...nick

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think they have some period you can trade the phone in after you first get it. So if you got a Treo Pro then if by chance the Pre came out in the next mont you might be able to convince sprint to let you swap it.

People were doing that with the Motorola Q for a while a couple years ago. Buying that and then later upgrading to an HTC or something.

I have been waiting forever for Palm to release this. I mean before they even announced the Pre. They have been saying for years they are working on a Linux based phone. I don't want windows mobile, and currently have a 755p. Its going to be great to still be able to run some of the apps on the Pre.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow I have been holding out on getting a new phone. Do to the fact that i have a old blackberry that I am not happy with. And have been looking at the Samsung Instinct from sprint. Looks like this new Pre has some of the same things that the Instinct has. May have to take a look at this . Is there a date set for this thing to come out yet.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I had a Treo 650 for about 1 1/2 years I did like it, it did have some limits, and very heavy, while in HI I droped it and broke the main screen ( it was going to cost big $$ to get it fixed) Then went to a Moto Q, I really like that one also, but when I mover to SC, The Q wasn't able to be used here with this Cell Plan...So with the deal I got from Verizon I pick up two BBS for me and the lil Lady (it was soooooo cheap) and we both luv everything it does so far.....Just MHO