What's new

Palm Pre

rennD

NinfaManiac
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I am going to get this phone. Once you've had touchscreen ... you cant go back. I have been very happy with all the Palm phones I've had. Plus I get to keep my 650 is to put Linux on it :)

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I am going to get this phone. Once you've had touchscreen ... you cant go back. I have been very happy with all the Palm phones I've had. Plus I get to keep my 650 is to put Linux on it :)
I do miss touchscreen... and the day I buy my blackberry curve is the day before they announced the touchcreen berry!!:boxing:

rennD

NinfaManiac
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I do miss touchscreen... and the day I buy my blackberry curve is the day before they announced the touchcreen berry!!:boxing:
Oh that sux. The storm is kool too.

The one thing that keeps me away from the iPhone is business functionality. For example, it cant copy and paste and cant do full Microsoft Exchange calendars.

That is why I am getting this phone. Palm FTW

Rating - 100%
188   0   0
I WANT this phone...question is, do I wait for Verizon and/or At&t to get it or make the leap to Sprint? That leap scares me.

Would love to hear more scoop if anyone else got one.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I WANT this phone...question is, do I wait for Verizon and/or At&t to get it or make the leap to Sprint? That leap scares me.

Would love to hear more scoop if anyone else got one.
I was already on sprint, but if you have good coverage in your area Sprint has been good for me for the past 2 years. You can buy the support chat now instead of waiting on the phone or for an e-mail reply. It is going to be at least till 2010 before you see the Pre, but you might see other phones running the same operating system. They have a cheaper model in the works without the slider, but still with a keyboard. Anyway, the sprint plan is $70/month for 450 minutes talk and you get unlimited data and txt messages. Then you can work a company or credit union discount onto that to get 25% knocked off.

The phone hardware itself is nice but picks up smudges very easily. The real awesome part is the interface. Oh and the gesture area below the screen. Like if you are in an application and you want to go back you do a back gesture below the screen. If you do it on the screen it will do things like delete an e-mail or whatever else.

Also if you plug the phone into your computer you have the option of making it show up as an ipod in itunes. So you can just drag and drop your music or sync your podcasts to it. As long as apple doesn't change itunes majorly to break this anyway...

All your contacts are pulled from google contacts or facebook and then it lumps ones of the same person together. It also backs up your stuff for you on palm's servers automatically. So if you lose your phone or have to reset or replace it you won't lose anything.

I was so excited to get the phone and even more excited once I actually got my hands on it. Its just as great as I had been hoping. I am so happy to see Palm is back and making awesome products again. :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Oh that sux. The storm is kool too.

The one thing that keeps me away from the iPhone is business functionality. For example, it cant copy and paste and cant do full Microsoft Exchange calendars.

That is why I am getting this phone. Palm FTW
I think once the 3.0 software lands in the next few months, you'll see your copy & paste fuctions and MMS concerns taken care of!

rennD

NinfaManiac
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think once the 3.0 software lands in the next few months, you'll see your copy & paste fuctions and MMS concerns taken care of!
definitely, I just like the fact that WebOS was somewhat based off of Access Linux since I am an avid Linux user.