What's new

Pappy Van Winkle

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey,

I've been hunting around for this and can't seem to find it anywhere in WA. Does anyone have a source or bottle of the 12 or 15 year that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i would suggest picking up the w. l. weller 12 year. it is currently the same distillate as the pappy 12yr lot B, and can be had, in my market at fair prices, for about $25. if you got to have the badge, start getting on lists, getting on first name basis with some shops, and be patient.

and i have to say that i love all y'all who are becoming bourbon fans, or increasing your knowledge, but it is just a crying shame that we can barely keep any of the good stuff in kentucky anymore! i remember putting pappy and stagg on the shelf at one point.

oh well, good luck on the hunt brother! o)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have been trying to get them to come down on price here for the Lot B. They still have some but it's $100 a bottle. The plus is I think they are from 08. Good shit though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
No idea what the distrubtions are like in WA... Generally, there's a spring release that makes it here in early march and a fall release about mid november. Major cities seem to be the best place to find em, in my experience, so if you plan to travel, call around.

And I do mean MAJOR cities! Austin, for example, tends only to get 4 or 5 mixed cases a year and Dallas isn't much better!

Best bet is to try to find a store that has historically received distributions and to get really friendly (I'm not too proud to say that bribery has worked for me) with a manager or knowledgable sales staffer. Short lists are better than long ones.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Best bet is to try to find a store that has historically received distributions and to get really friendly (I'm not too proud to say that bribery has worked for me) with a manager or knowledgable sales staffer. Short lists are better than long ones.
I beg to differ and and say that this is merely a tip for good service and an indicator to the establishment that you mean business. You know how many people come in Asking for shyt they read in Maxim or GQ and dont know a damn thing about it. They either don't appreciate it can't afford it or never return for it. A tip or any like gesture goes a long way in the service industry and in the service person remembering you the next time.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
If fine liquor is your thing or you want it to be ...you should have a relationship with a good liquor store or two and the staff if not the owner - just like u have a good tobacconist that takes care of you as a regular.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Do liquor stores in PA sell it? I'll search around for you and if I find a bottle I'll get it.
The best way to find booze in Pa is to use their web site. Oh the joys of having state run liquor stores.
www.finewineandgoodspirits.com
I looked on the web site but had no luck finding it. Found out the owner of my local B&M, his brother is a Rep for them. If he can score me anything I'll send it your way!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
If fine liquor is your thing or you want it to be ...you should have a relationship with a good liquor store or two and the staff if not the owner - just like u have a good tobacconist that takes care of you as a regular.
Amen! Works for me on the George T Stagg and Pappy! I went as far as contacting the distributor for my state for the Stagg and I knew when it was coming in, how much, and which liquor stores were getting it.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
No idea what the distrubtions are like in WA... Generally, there's a spring release that makes it here in early march and a fall release about mid november. Major cities seem to be the best place to find em, in my experience, so if you plan to travel, call around.

And I do mean MAJOR cities! Austin, for example, tends only to get 4 or 5 mixed cases a year and Dallas isn't much better!

Listen to the lawyer. Bribery works!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had to do an absurd amount of calling around to the big distributor here just to figure out where it goes in nov. Then on top of that you have to figure out which stores have it where it isn't promised to someone else.

If you enjoy the hunt and you are a bourbon connoisseur then go for it and enjoy. Just know its a pain in the ass to acquire. But I have had two bottles of the 12 it and I don't think its worth the hype. While I do find Pappy delicious there are tons of great bourbons/whiskeys out there that you can acquire without the hassle that stand up to Pappy.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0

Listen to the lawyer. Bribery works!
And if all else fails, listen to the guy with Pappy as his avatar!

... wait for it.

... wait for it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are only doing a fall release this year.

On another note, I was able to pick up 2 bottles of the 20 year for $129 each last week. The local state liquor store here in Great Falls, MT had some. They still have quite a few bottles of the 23 @ $260 each. Apparently they have not been able to get any 15 for over 3 years now.