What's new

Partagas Londres Extra 1995

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Partagas Londres Extra 1995

Autumn was the first time I herfed with Smokozuna. This was one of the (many) cigars he gave me that afternoon. Had dinner with him the other night and thought it was a good opportunity to smoke it ... with him at the table.

Solid construction, no rips, tears, or blemishes. Still transparent but definate yellowing due to aging. But enough about the celo ... now let me tell you about the cigar.

It is a 40 ring, 5" long... a petit cetro. Nice dark brown wrapper. IT smelled of woody tobacco when I first sniffed it from the celo. Felt a little rough.

Cut it with Dean's palio and lit it. Puffed gently not knowing what to expect. It started off with a light woody flavor that eventually turned into a full woody flavor.

Maybe an inch into it I could start tasting some leathery tobacco flavor.... underlying hints of coffee. Interesting thing was that as some of the flavors became stronger and pronounced but I would not consider this a full bodied smoke. It was a mild-medium with strong flavors? Hope that makes sense. Never a "twang" but undeniably tasty cuban tobacco.

This cigar burned perfectly down to the nub. Nice draw for a 40 ring ... never too tight.

Quite a lot of flavor in this wonderful little cigar. Although herfing with BOTLs is always great fun, this smoke was a highlight of the evening for me.

Thank you, Dean.