What's new

Partagas Lusitanias ('00) - This is one LONG mother!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Awesome pics Brooks! I've loved every lusi I've smoked but I've never had one from those years and I've heard the everything from tight draws, poor rolls to lack of ligero used in the cigars. I just stay away from these years now that's not to say that I haven't been "gifted" one or 2 that haven't been phenomenol because I have and I've always wondered if there is a box code that should be followed when purchasing from these years?

OFAC

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these the otehr day too BrooksW from Dallas Texas. Quite Yummy if I dont say so myself.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice review. I smoked my first Lusi (04) last week. While I'm glad that I have tried one. Like Headbanger, I thought it was a little to mild and long for my tastes. I kept waiting for the strenght and flavor to pick up and it just never hapened.:frown:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice review. I smoked my first Lusi (04) last week. While I'm glad that I have tried one. Like Headbanger, I thought it was a little to mild and long for my tastes. I kept waiting for the strenght and flavor to pick up and it just never hapened.:frown:
I've had a few like that but they were all very young. The ones I've had with 5 years plus have been incredible.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
those are some awsome pictures... and i have to have to hve to have to have to get my hands on these sticks i have been reading all about them for months now

Wigwam_Motel

Banned
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
my style in smoking has changed, thank don pepin for that. but i have noticed being able to tunnel a cigar, but to fix this issue w/o bring out the lighter, is to blow outwards til'' the wrapper catches up. good to see you smoked her slowly.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have a box of these pups and smoked one up this weekend. Mine was a tight draw so I used my draw tool and it worked fine. I got the grassy hay taste as well but also some lite nuttyness and a hint of jasmine...pretty nice stick...my tastes have changed as well and Pepin has stole my tastebuds as of late...:halfgrinw

Katmancross

Katmancross
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Partagas Lusitanias is supposed to be one of the best Habanos out there, according to various reports.

It is a fairly long cigar, one of the longest I have smoked...Great looking band, construction was nice, and the triple cap warmed the cockles of my heart, as always.

* Country of Origin: Cuba
* Wrapper: Cuba
* Binder: Cuba
* Filler: Cuba
* Format: Prominente (Double Corona)
* Size: 7 5/8 Inches
* Ring Gauge: 49
* Est. Price: $18.50

I managed to get my hands on a half box from 2000, and kept it in my VinoTemp for about a month before trying one, at 65/65.

Now, I know that convention wisdom says that some Cubans from the 2000-2001ish time frame have some issues with tight draws and being plugged, and honestly, that was what I was expecting when I lit this stick up...However, the draw was almost perfect, not too tight, but not too loose either.

The second I lit up the cigar, I was literally BLASTED with an overwhelming taste of Grass...not a horrible taste, but not one I was looking for either. This subsided after about 5 minutes, and I started to get more cedar.

The 2nd 1/3rd I tasted Spice and Pepper, not overwhelming, just enough to be pleasant and add to the taste...

The last 1/3 mellowed out quite a bit, and I might have even tasted some honey, although not enough to make a positive evaluation...

What I was NOT expecting was the constant tunneling and relighting issues...I must have relit this thing 6 times over about 2 hours. It was exhausting to keep doing it, and definitely took away from the experience...

Overall, I would put this at the top of the heap for Cubans taste wise, but I did not enjoy it more then say, a PSD4 or Siglo IV...I will def smoke more of these, but I think I am going to try a different year, and see if that has a difference in taste, as well as keep the rest of this box and try one of them in a couple of months.

~brooks
Yeah....you da; man when it comes to photos. I'm very jealous. I couldn't take a good photo with a gun to my head.
I'm getting a box of these for review. Did you age the ones you reviewed?

Katmancross

Katmancross
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brooks,
I love your photographs. You definitely set the standard.
While I'm waiting for my photo banner to be done professionally, I used one of your photos to add smoke to my cigar in my avatar. Thank you, buddy.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
It'd be interesting to see another review almost 22 months later...

Brooks?

I have a Lusi in the humi, but I wouldn't be able to do it justice - review wise.