What's new

Partagas Lusitanias

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
So I just smoked my 1st one of these yesterday...

I'm not a Churchill/DC smoker normally, as I just don't have that kinda time to smoke usually.

It was my only one.....rec'd in a trade (so no idea as to year). It was out-fuggin-standing. Produced a ton of smoke, burned nice, and the flavors...oh man, the flavor on this thing (best I could describe would be think of a campfire smore w/ that campfire smell burnin' in the background rolled into those flavors of the chocolate/marshmellow/graham cracker)...and all with one of the best finishes on a cigar I can remember. Clean. Smooth. Yet with the strength (tick above medium) to remind you you're smoking a classic cuban cigar.

I've got the opportunity to nab a few 2004s. Anyone have any experiences (good or bad), either with that year, or others? Even recent production would interesting, as that's whats readily available....

I was honestly hoping not to like it....

But that just didn't happen. At all. :hearteyes

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The 2008's are spectacular, but go for the boxes of 10 instead of the 25's since the 10's were better quality.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The 2008's are spectacular, but go for the boxes of 10 instead of the 25's since the 10's were better quality.
A friend of mine has an '08 box of 10 Lusis that rivals the construction of any Behike I've laid eyes on. Smoothest, silkiest wrappers I've ever seen on a cigar.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
May have to revisit this... I don't remember any s'mores in any party, let alone the lusis. But that flavor profile sounds awesome. Will have to dig through the humi for sure now!

Glad you enjoyed!

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have one in my humi but have no idea what year (got it as a bonus stick). I'm afraid to smoke it...because then I'll want more!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
May have to revisit this... I don't remember any s'mores in any party, let alone the lusis. But that flavor profile sounds awesome. Will have to dig through the humi for sure now!

Glad you enjoyed!
Not gonna lie...I was quite surprised by it as well...but there was definitely a marshmellow/graham cracker undertone I was picking up on.

Perhaps it had to do with the fact I smoked this over the course of several fairly spicy Bloody Marys...so maybe the peppercorn/horse-radish combo of the drink toned down the spice of the cigar somewhat :dunno:

Whatever it was though, it was something I'd like to replicate in the future if possible.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
This is one cigar that I need to try more of.

Smoked a couple of 2001 Lusi's that were the mildest Cuban cigars I've ever smoked.

Tried another that was gifted to me about a year ago and it was right up there with some of the best DC's I've ever smoked.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I love Lusi, one of my favorites. '04 wasn't terrible but yeah, the '08's are incomparable.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have to say I thnik 2008 was a terrible year for Partagas and I have to say 2010 is (and I never thought I would say this) better than 2006. The cigars are properly rolled, great tobacco and smoking good ROTT, what concerns me is how they will age.

This opinion is formed after trying from many boxes and friend that have done the same thing since I dont belive smoking out of 2-3 boxes in enough to say that a marca has a good or bad year.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I bought a box of these last year smoked about 3 and sold the rest.
I didn't care for them...what's wrong with me?:wtf:
Nothing my brother, you probably got a box from 2008:glassesgr

I would really recommened trying some from late 2010.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Mar Sta 09 Cab. So far yeah they dont suck. And Ty for my personal redemption. Yes he said Graham Cracker!!!!!!!!!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Mar Sta 09 Cab. So far yeah they dont suck. And Ty for my personal redemption. Yes he said Graham Cracker!!!!!!!!!
Lol...glad to be of service Justin!

I did go and read a few other reviews of this cigar last night just to see if what I tasted was an abberation....and at least a couple of them noted Vanilla & Honey...so I don't think you and I were the only lucky ones out there ;)!