Mfg.: Partagas
Vitola: Pyramid
Orgin: Cuba
Year: Late 2000
Size: Aprox. 6.25 x 52
Smoke time: 80 minutes
Construction: Very good to Excellent
Burn: Excellent prior to smoking too slowly
Ash: Light graphite with specs of charcoal. Held extremely well, over 1 1/2 inches and needed to be broken off rather then falling under it's own weight.

This cigar was one of the fullest bodied smokes I've ever had. I felt as if it needed to be chewed to be enjoyed. There weren't overwhelming amounts of smoke, but what smoke there was, was the densest I've ever enjoyed. Upon lighting I was greeted with large amounts of almonds, or some other hearty nut and a steadily increasing level of spiciness. Not pepper that seems to build up in your throat, but spice flavors that compliment the 'meal' like theme of the cigar. Tannic notes were recognized, but I felt like this cigar was ready to smoke regardless. It gave strong suggestions that it would continue to age gracefully with it's full body but lack of harsh elements.

The 2nd and 3rd thirds continued this progression of flavors but didn't seem to show any signs of new flavors emerging. It was incredibly enjoyed and did just the job of making a crappy Friday the slightest bit enjoyable.
Highly recommended

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAn, I have 1 (only 1) of these. From The early release. Waiting for the right time to smoke it. Getting harder every weekend.

Thanks for the review, I am afraid its lifespan is about up :smt045

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I've only had one, and I don't know if it was an early release or not, but I have to say I was disappointed when I had the one I was gifted. It could be a situation where I was so looking forward to this cigar, with all the hype and build up; and the cigar, no matter how good, couldn't live up to my expectations. :?:

I certainly would not say it was bad, but I found it lacking in the power department, very atypical of most accounts I've read about the piramide. Then again, who knows, maybe I was just drunk!!!

Fonsecakid

Fonsecakid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review, thanks.

I´ve smoked a couple, but only one have been stellar - as you describe it - mine was FULLbodied and FULL strength. Only cigar that has given me the hick ups :smt101 (I smoked it after a rather strong Esplendido though).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how opinions change once a cigar is mature. Folks at other websites were slamming this cigar when it came out, now all you read is praise. I agree with the praise.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Well, I had one today that was gifted to me by EHDG (Thanks Erich!!) and I thought I would post my thoughts on this one. It started out slow, and I was having visions of a very disappointing cigar, but after about a quarter of the cigar, the flavors started opening up. Very peppery. I enjoyed it very much. Maybe the first one I had was not original release. I understand there is a big difference between the two.