What's new

Partagas question.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just received (2) 10 PACKS OF Partagas de Luxe Tubos. Never had them before. I got them for my best friends bacholer party in 2 weeks. Has anyone ever had them? I was wondering if they were any good.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
It all depends on your tastes. I am not a fan of much from the Partagas line. I don't get into that whole flavor profile very much, but you may love it. The only way to know is to smoke some and find out.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It all depends on your tastes. I am not a fan of much from the Partagas line. I don't get into that whole flavor profile very much, but you may love it. The only way to know is to smoke some and find out.
Wow, behind Cohiba (maybe), my favorite line by far is Partagas. The SD4's coming out right now are absolutely divine. IMHO of course. :agreeclen

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Wow, behind Cohiba (maybe), my favorite line by far is Partagas. The SD4's coming out right now are absolutely divine. IMHO of course. :agreeclen

See, that's the thing. I have had MANY of these cigars ranging in age from ROTT to having over 10 years of age on them. I just don't like them. I never have and probably never will. I'm in the minority on this however; many people seem to like them. Does that make me wrong, no I'm just different. That's what is so great. And it leaves more for the rest of you guys!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one a long time ago and I remember it being pretty strong, too strong for me.

It could have been that it was stored at too low rh, that could explain the bad experience.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
See, that's the thing. I have had MANY of these cigars ranging in age from ROTT to having over 10 years of age on them. I just don't like them. I never have and probably never will. I'm in the minority on this however; many people seem to like them. Does that make me wrong, no I'm just different. That's what is so great. And it leaves more for the rest of you guys!
I would be happy to take those babies off your hands sir. One of my favs. Well then to be honest, there are few that I really dont like. Different grades of happiness. I have my, "this will be nice tonight" cigars and then the "oh my Gawd I'm going to smoke one of these tonight" cigars.

You and I share an affinity for one that falls into the latter category. I, however have have to give part of the creedence to the fact that it was the first really quality aged cigar of these types that was gifted to a wide eyed newbie. It destroyed me.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Good points, Kevin. I am the same way about the RA line. I have tried most of their line, fresh and and aged 10+ years and dislike the entire marca. RA just does not agree with my palate, and, as you say, I am certainly in the minority here.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Good points, Kevin. I am the same way about the RA line. I have tried most of their line, fresh and and aged 10+ years and dislike the entire marca. RA just does not agree with my palate, and, as you say, I am certainly in the minority here.

I actually agree with you on this one...I don;t know why, but I hear so many people rave about the RASS...but I just don;t share the same enthusiasm. I've had a couple, but have never really enjoyed them. I have a few more in my humi and will try again. This was one of the first CC's I smoked, and maybe this had something to do with it...maybe my palate wasn;t all that refined (not that it is now). WHo knows, maybe the next one I smoke will blow me away.

Regardless, I think this is the best part of this hobby. Exploring the vastness of smokes, finding what you like, and continuosly evolving in your tastes and preferences. That's the great thing, it never gets boring and it is constantly evolving. Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke...while realizing that can change frequently.

just my $.02...for what it's worth

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
well thanks for the input guys. Now do I keep them tubed or toss the tubes? I decided to keep th partagas for myself. I have a 10 pack of los statos I am going to share with my friends at the bacholer party, plus some nc's I have been saving. So for aging- to tube or not to tube? that is the question.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
well thanks for the input guys. Now do I keep them tubed or toss the tubes? I decided to keep th partagas for myself. I have a 10 pack of los statos I am going to share with my friends at the bacholer party, plus some nc's I have been saving. So for aging- to tube or not to tube? that is the question.
Leave them how you got them. They wouldn't offer in tubo if it was bad for long term aging.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some say they age faster out of the tube (more oxygen).

I keep all my tubos in the tubes BUT I always inspect every single one, I have gotten my share of moldy tubos. If I find mold I just wipe them off so it doesn't spread and put them back.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I guess I was lucky, I had one out of 20 that had a spot of mold on it. So I wiped it down and it's in isolsation for a while. Thanks for all the advice guys.