What's new

Partagas Serie D Especial 2010 EL

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Today i Got to Smoke one of this years much anticipated EL's. I smoked the Partagas Serie D Especial. Partagas being my favorite of all the cuban brands i couldn't wait to dive into this cigar. Here goes...

Pre light

The stick is very soft to the touch. Maybe a touch under filled but nothing too drastic. The construction is a bit spotty. There are a couple large veins and quite a few glue marks. The red partagas Serie band is beautiful as ever but with the extra " Especial" Lettering on it. Pre light aroma is a very faint tobacco scent with a touch of the tell tale barnyard smell. Pre light draw is very loose and i got Sweet tobacco and hint of chocolate.

1/3

At the opening i was hit with a serie D #4 kind of wood,cream and spice. Very smooth though, not harsh at all. This flavor combination continues throughout the first third.

2/3

In the second third i was still getting wood and cream but the spice had died down considerably.I got a touch of pepper on the back of my throat during the finish which i should add was quite short but nice. The one thing that stood out was the smoothness though. Very smooth for such a young cigar that was rolled probably 2 months ago. The burn was a bit shabby but that is to be expected with such a young cigar i suppose.

3/3

This is where the cigar really shined for me. Along with the constant wood and cream i also got hit with some Chocolate notes along with some Nutty flavors. Wood, cream, chocolate and nuts along with the smooth finish made this a really complex smoke towards the end.

Overall

I liked this smoke a lot. It reminded me of a serie D #4 but with a few more tricks up it's sleeve in the last third. I was also very impressed by it's smooth flavors. I will definitely be buying a box of these. I will be trying out the Monte 2010 El soon and i can only hope it's as good as this.

Final Score 91

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Most excellant review and pic's my friend. Glad you enjoyed it.

I too like the PSDN4 so it sounds like I would enjoy the Serie D Especial 2010 EL even more.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Smoked another one of these bad boys today and it was spectacular. Very smooth, nice strong flavors of wood,spice and cream the same as the first.

Last edited: