What's new

Partagas Serie D No. 4

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well here it is, my first cuban cigar review! This beauty was gifted to me by a fine brother and it had over two years of age to add to the experience:stretchgr

I told myself that I would hold off on smoking some of the CC's that were gifted to me until we had some weather here worthy of such fine smokes. Well today was that day, Brothers!

I also broke out some special rum to help mark the occasion. Mmmmmmmm.

Construction: Beautiful golden brown wrapper with light oils that glistened in the warm spring sunshine. Firm to the touch with some veins and a sunspot but nothing to complain about. Draw was spot on and although the burn required a couple touch-ups and one relight I do not feel that it took away from the experience in the least bit.

Flavor: This one was tough for me since I'm so used to the Cameroon flavor profile but I will start by saying that it was damn good. I got some white pepper to start which then changed to leather, earth, and some chocolate by the halfway point. Toward the end the No. 4 picked up some more pepper once again with stronger earth notes. My good buddy said he noted cinnamon as well. I smoked this SOB until I burned my lips and fingers.

This is me getting sad toward the end....

Overall: I can definitely see why the No. 4 is so hyped around here. Although it was hard for me to pinpoint flavors, I'm still able to say that it was just a really great cigar, and I'm sad it was my only one.:crying: I do not hesitate to give the Partagas Serie D No. 4 a well-deserved 9/10

Thanks to one generous Brother I finally got to enjoy this stick! Thanks for reading guys.

p.s. What flavors did you guys get out of this one?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Fantastic review! And to what Doc said, I'd just add its creamy and some subtle wood notes. By the well, wise choice on the pairing.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Thanks for the review. I also smoke my first one of these last week. I think your review was on point.:thumbsup:

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I swore when I smoked the D a while back that I tasted cinnamon! The wife thought I was crazy..

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the review! I just received one of these as an "extra" on a box purchase from a good brother. :smokingbo