What's new

Partagas Series D No. 4

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
http://newcigarsmokerreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/partagas-series-d-no-4.html

After smoking the Partagas Series P No. 2 yesterday, I knew this would be my next cigar.

My cigar had abou a 3/4 inch split in the foot, that caused it to start off with a wonky burn.

I notice that the flavour is consistent with a Partagas cigar. This one had a definitive floral flavour, and lots of pepper. It isn't nearly as sweet as the P2, so I think that's why I'm not getting that kind of vanilla flavour mixed with the floral. I hardly detect any wood to it either. It also leaves a nice subtle cream flavour on the tongue.

By the second third, the pepper dies off, and it's really relaxing to sit back, and enjoy the smoke. The aroma it gives off is very pleasant.

While not as strong, or full flavoured as a P2, still a very good quality smoke, and great switch up from the Montecristo Edmundo's that I usually go to when I want to relax and smoke a Cuban robusto.

One little annoyance was a little to much glue on the band that tore open the wrapper on the last third causing it to unravel. Had to be careful with from there out.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a solid review. I could have written it almost the same. My only observation is that the PSD4 has a bit of a flavor journey to it. What is mean is, I like that is changes as you smoke it. This is absolutely one of my "go to" sticks when I can get them.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
That's a solid review. I could have written it almost the same. My only observation is that the PSD4 has a bit of a flavor journey to it. What is mean is, I like that is changes as you smoke it. This is absolutely one of my "go to" sticks when I can get them.
^^ ditto. I freakin love this cigar - the glue on the band issue is something that drives me fkin insane as well.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great review of a great cigar. I love the spice the Serie D's put off. I agree with cmhicksusmc, this is a good everyday smoke.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The PSD4 is quickly becoming my favorite go-to cigar. Price is right, flavors are exactly what I'm looking for....and the 2010s are smoking great IMO...at least the couple I've had thus far.

Another box of these is on the horizon for me for sure.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm just the opposite I prefer the D4's to the P2's.

When it's on the D4 is one of my top 5 of regular production cigars

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
What year was this? As a newer Habano smoker I'm finding strange things with the 4's. I have a box of 09s that have never tasted great but 10's we got not long ago tasted great. What the hell? I remember my first PSD4 being a real treat and I'm still chasing that first experience.

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long after receiving a box of PSD4s do you recommend that I wait to smoke them? I know I could sample one ROTT, but why waste? They went right into a humidified box, and are already sitting at a steady 64-65%RH. Debating if I should let them chill for a few weeks or a few months..

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This is the 2001 LE. A different animal all together.

As far as the taste between different years, its common. It can be diffent with the same year, and different factory codes. One of those things that comes down to taste. You might not like that year but someone else will. Trade them for stuff you like.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
How long after receiving a box of PSD4s do you recommend that I wait to smoke them? I know I could sample one ROTT, but why waste? They went right into a humidified box, and are already sitting at a steady 64-65%RH. Debating if I should let them chill for a few weeks or a few months..
i would say 1-2 weeks

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This is the 2001 LE. A different animal all together.

As far as the taste between different years, its common. It can be diffent with the same year, and different factory codes. One of those things that comes down to taste. You might not like that year but someone else will. Trade them for stuff you like.
What? Looks like a regular production PSD4 to me.