What's new

Patient's answer to the Doctor's tips!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
1) When going to see a new physician, do not bring in your current medications. We love to guess at the names and dosages.
A: For the prices you charge and the run around we get with doctors, this mild inconvenience seems fair.

2) Every time you come in to see the physician makes sure you have at least 15 complaints. We love the challenge of addressing your multitude of issues in a 10 minute period of time. Never under ANY circumstances divide your issues into two separate visits.
A: We figure as mentioned above, you charge so damn much, we may as well try to get our money’s worth. If it’s such a problem, spend a few more minutes with us instead of rushing off to the country club.

3) When telling your physician about your pain, illness, or issue please either lie or exaggerate. We consider ourselves medical detectives and love a good mystery.
A: We’ve figured out over the years that you just think we are making minor aches and pains up, so in order to get your godly attention, it’s necessary to exaggerate somewhat.

4) When going to your doctor’s office for a prostate check, it’s beneficial for the patient to refrain from showering for at least 72 hours. If you must wipe please leave a piece of toilet paper stuck to your rectal hair. There is nothing quite as thrilling as seeing that before lunch.
A: Pardon us if we don’t have time in our busy lives earning enough to pay the ridiculous bills we are about to incur to stop at home for a shower and shave. As for the toilet paper stuck to my ass, it’s a target so you don’t lose your place in the exam. From our perspective, there’s nothing quite as horrible as having some old man with who knows what on his finger digging around in our ass right before lunch.

5) When a physician must do a hernia check and asks you to remove your pants, you must keep your underwear/boxers on. We like to add to the awkwardness of the situation by asking you to also pull down the boxers. It’s also recommended that you roll your eyes and let out an uncomfortable grunt just to let us know you are heterosexual.
A: Sorry if we offend you with this one. How easy would it be to have a homosexual become a doctor just to get to hold men’s nuts? This is more awkward for us, since we do it only once in a while, so ease up DAMMIT! You’re lucky we don’t piss on your floor while we’re there or shit on the spot when our balls are touched by a MAN!

6) Please complain about how long you waited in the waiting room, then take up 30 minutes of the physician’s time by telling him about your rock collection.
A: If you didn’t take customer service as such a minor thing and actually lived by appointments, this wouldn’t be such a problem, now would it? Who asked us to be there at 10 and then didn’t see us until 11? And don’t complain to me about the time wasted with the guy before me, you are the professional, you should know it will happen and plan accordingly. I have to in my business.

7) Every time your physician coughs or sneezes don’t you dare say God bless you. Instead use the witty phrase, “physician heal thyself”.
A: If I though he was that good, I would, but all I see is Doctors complaining about how busy they are and how overworked! If they were that good, they could make everything easier and the need for this thread would be gone!

8) Every time you get a runny nose, you must call the office staff and state it is a medical emergency and you must be seen today.
A: Why would you care, you get to charge my insurance company $500 for my time and inconvenience anyway?

9) When you wake up with a cold at 3 am, please do not ever wait until the morning to get an appointment. Call the emergency number and demand the physician be woken up to call you in an antibiotic.
A: Our experience says this is a must to get waited on by noon. He won’t answer his phone until 9 anyway.

10) When you think you have some sort of horrific illness it’s best to go online to self diagnose. Please bring in all your research and your diagnosis to the physician. It’s best if you also have a treatment in mind. It makes our hectic lives much easier.
A: Yep, because if we don’t you will drag the diagnosis out for 4 weeks with multiple tests and costs in the Thousands of dollars. We are just trying to give you a head start. We know you are busy and just need some help sorting through all that knowledge you have stored in your little overworked, and overtaxed brain!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone. It was me trying my hand at humor. By the way, I never make a patient wait more than 15 minutes because I value their time. Also, doctors can bill the insurance all they want, but insurance pays what they please. The average payment for an office visit is less than 45 dollars. My plumber makes more than I do.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I am glad they are leaving the car salespeople alone this week.:eyepoke:

My Doctor makes me go last anytime I have an appointment.
After he bitches me out for being too fat then we talk about cars.
He is a big auto nut and loves to talk about the new vehicles coming out.

When I sold new vehicles he would bring new doctors right to me to buy a vehicle. One of them bought a van from me to go house hunting as soon as they came to the area even before they started work.

Gives me free samples and keeps the office visit cost down since my insurance only pays for major medical accidents done on tuesdays of odd numbered months in the afternnon.:headroll: :headroll:

But damn when I say my back hurts.."well ofcourse your back hurts..you are fat"
My blood pressure is high.. "well of course your blood pressure is high..you are fat." The guy is brutal

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
Like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone. It was me trying my hand at humor. By the way, I never make a patient wait more than 15 minutes because I value their time. Also, doctors can bill the insurance all they want, but insurance pays what they please. The average payment for an office visit is less than 45 dollars. My plumber makes more than I do.

it's all humor...some of us are just better at it than others! :rofl: :headroll:

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Q: A doctor, lawyer, and my ex-girlfriend all jump from the Sears Tower at the same moment. Who hits the ground first????

A: Who cares???? :headroll:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
tripp said:
I am glad they are leaving the car salespeople alone this week.:eyepoke:

My Doctor makes me go last anytime I have an appointment.
After he bitches me out for being too fat then we talk about cars.
He is a big auto nut and loves to talk about the new vehicles coming out.

When I sold new vehicles he would bring new doctors right to me to buy a vehicle. One of them bought a van from me to go house hunting as soon as they came to the area even before they started work.

Gives me free samples and keeps the office visit cost down since my insurance only pays for major medical accidents done on tuesdays of odd numbered months in the afternnon.:headroll: :headroll:

But damn when I say my back hurts.."well ofcourse your back hurts..you are fat"
My blood pressure is high.. "well of course your blood pressure is high..you are fat." The guy is brutal
LOL I know quite a few physicians that don't pull any punches. Some people really like that approach. I personally take a little different approach. I never seen anyone enlightened that they were overweight by a physician. If you are "big boneded" you probably already know. If I do address a weight issue I usually use the phrase a "few pounds overweight". I don't know how many times (women especially) left their physician because "all he ever did was call me fat".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Doctors are hilarious,
They are always complaining about not getting paid enough from the insurance carriers but they all drive mercedez benz's and have a vacation home in florida or some other tropical climate. I know because my brother is one and all of his friends have the same "i'm working so hard and getting paid nothing" story, what's up with that?
Dex

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
BkSmoke said:
Doctors are hilarious,
They are always complaining about not getting paid enough from the insurance carriers but they all drive mercedez benz's and have a vacation home in florida or some other tropical climate. I know because my brother is one and all of his friends have the same "i'm working so hard and getting paid nothing" story, what's up with that?
Dex
It depends on your definition of getting paid well. I think doctors get paid well. I certainly don't complain about my salary or future bonuses. It is the publics perception though that doctors are outrageously rich. Most are not crazy rich. Nearly all are well to do. I think the complaints come from the fact that we have to work harder for the same money. The greatest majority of physicians make between 120k-250k/year depending on the specialty. I know insurance salesmen that make double that. Most physicians are 32 years old or older and 200k+ in debt before making a dollar. I don't think people go into medicine to get rich. I think people get into medicine to help people. If not, it's a long tough road if you don't love what you are doing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My brother is different, he went into medicine to get rich!lol. You seem like one of the "good ones" if I ever need another prostate checkup I will look you up. :barf:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Smoke...you don't go into family practice to get rich. I don't know if I'm a "good one" but I try to be. I truely love what I do. Honestly, I'm with the public on this one. Physicians have no right to complain or whine. I consider myself blessed beyond measure. I wake up and do what I love. What more could I ask for?

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
It's difficult to get used to having a Dr that is younger than you. I wonder what the break point on age is?? Until recently, it seemed that all my Dr's were older than me. Now it's hard to find one near the same age. Strange, very strange.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Boppa-Wasch said:
It's difficult to get used to having a Dr that is younger than you. I wonder what the break point on age is?? Until recently, it seemed that all my Dr's were older than me. Now it's hard to find one near the same age. Strange, very strange.
I run across this quite a bit. I am 32 and some people have a problem with a younger physician. I personally think the best physicians are about 4-5 years out of training. They have some real life experience, but are not so far away from training that their knowledge is outdated. Yes, physicians should keep up with the times but some do not.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Boppa-Wasch said:
Looks like the joke was all in fun.

Its hard to find one even close to the same age. Everything out here is run like a clinic. Very little personal one on one. I miss the days when my doctor in Michigan would call and set up the annual physical. Now, as I get older and can't remember nothing, its up to me.