What's new

Pdr old blend vs new blend

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey guys,

I need your alls help. I got some of those pdr oscuros that we're aged for 3 years from the ci special awhile back and I was wondering how they compare to the new blend? I'm thinking of getting a box of them from nhc. I know they are supposed to burn better but how do they compare in taste.

Thanks everyone,
Brian

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have not had any 'new blends', but I have also never had a pdr that I didn't enjoy. I've mostly smoked the small batch BOTL pdr's and the capa maduras, however.... I think you are safe to try the new ones. :eyebrow:

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have tried both, I would say the later blend is better. However I am not sure I have ever had an old PDR that burned right/at all. IMO neither are worth it. But I have never had a PDR I have liked, I have not tried the BOTL.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Never had the old blends but have had the 1878 Capa Oscura and BOTL Small Batch 2010. The small batches were awesome for the price. The Capa Oscura was good too but not as good as the Small Batches.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
The old Oscuro's are a good deal at the closeout price. The new Oscuro's are very good (haven't tried all the new blends yet, but all reports are pretty favorable). The BOTL stick & the 1878 (black) Capa Maduro were excellent & the 1878 (red) Capa Oscura is probably my favorite yet of everything.

dowjr1

Dan O
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The old Oscuro's are a good deal at the closeout price. The new Oscuro's are very good (haven't tried all the new blends yet, but all reports are pretty favorable). The BOTL stick & the 1878 (black) Capa Maduro were excellent & the 1878 (red) Capa Oscura is probably my favorite yet of everything.
+1 on this post...I love both of the 1878s and feel the Red lable might be a touch better than the Madura but the 2010 BOTL Small Batch is the bomb. I am hoping Abe does another for 2011.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm glad to here the new oscuro blend is better. I didn't like it at all when it first hit the shelves. I smoked three and said that was enough. I'll have to revisit. The sungrown, on the other hand, has been my favorite PDR hands down. It really is a good cigar.