What's new

Penn State

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
This is not good.

Normally I would not give a rats ass about any football program or college. I am just paying attention to this one a little bit cause my son is a Penn graduate.

Based on what I am hearing from my son, Paterno should step down right now. Seems in the name of protecting thier football program, they protected a child molester.

This is going to kill Penn State.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Paternos conference was cancelled today.

NYT's announced just now that PSU is working on the end of Paternos career. He's done. As he should be.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
listen to the career of a legend getting flushed down the toilet
It's sad, but yeah, all the great games and mentoring in the world doesn't make up for turning a blind eye on something horrifying. No excuse whatsoever.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Why don't we wait until a trial, innocent until proven guilty. If it does come out that the guy is guilty and Paterno is guilty of covering up then I hope thier punishment is greater then we can imagine.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It will be sad to see the legend of Joe Pa get tarnished by this scandal, as much as I'd like to see him retire with respect and dignity... I just don't see him getting away from this one.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Why don't we wait until a trial, innocent until proven guilty. If it does come out that the guy is guilty and Paterno is guilty of covering up then I hope thier punishment is greater then we can imagine.
I truly hope Joe did not know a thing, but the University needs to separate themselves from Joe. Guilty or not this will destroy the program if he stays.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If you actually READ the story. Paterno is the only one who did the right thing...and reported the alleged event to the AD. An assistant told him that he had witnessed the dude molesting a kid. JoePa immediately reported it. Its not JoePa's job to investigate...he didn't actually see the act happening. He did what he was supposed to do and reported it up his chain. The AD and senior VP are the ones who did any "covering up".

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
If you actually READ the story. Paterno is the only one who did the right thing...and reported the alleged event to the AD. An assistant told him that he had witnessed the dude molesting a kid. JoePa immediately reported it. Its not JoePa's job to investigate...he didn't actually see the act happening. He did what he was supposed to do and reported it up his chain. The AD and senior VP are the ones who did any "covering up".
This is also what I have gathered. Hopefully all the details get ironed out.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Define the right thing. He did "technically" do what he was required to do. He told the AD about it. But he DIDN'T do the morally ethical thing to do and report it to the authorities. For that he is as wrong as anyone. Can't look past that IMO.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0

This is a load of BS.

What if it were your kid getting raped? Now do you think Joe Paterno did enough?

"It's not his job to investigate"....please.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Define the right thing. He did "technically" do what he was required to do. He told the AD about it. But he DIDN'T do the morally ethical thing to do and report it to the authorities. For that he is as wrong as anyone. Can't look past that IMO.
Could not agree more. My view is he didn't do anything and still allowed the person access to penn state facilities. If my kids went there or sent them to a football camp I would expect a lot more from joe than just telling his AD.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
up his chain? This is not the military. Paterno is the most powerful person at Penn. It was his coach, and his responsibility to make sure that law enforcement was involved. If the school tried to cover it, he should have done the right thing. He might wind up being ok legally, but morally and ethically, he is as guilty as all the others who covered it up

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
up his chain? This is not the military. Paterno is the most powerful person at Penn. It was his coach, and his responsibility to make sure that law enforcement was involved. If the school tried to cover it, he should have done the right thing. He might wind up being ok legally, but morally and ethically, he is as guilty as all the others who covered it up
The incident that you are referring to happened in 2002 when he was no longer under the employ of PSU. He stopped being one of Joe's coaches in 1999.

That fact does not make anyone right or wrong. It just seems like a lot of people think that he coached at PSU until 2009 when in fact he retired (forced or willingly) 10yrs prior.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
But he was allowed on campus, using football facilities, until just last week. And all the while usually had kids with him according to numerous reports. JoePa is morally culpable and he deserves all of the abuse being hurled his direction.