What's new

Pennywise is afoot

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hello all. My real name is Wes and I live in Kansas City, MO. I've been smoking cigars off an on for the past 10 years, but really only lately have gotten more serious about my attempts to find that perfect stick for me. I have a local Cigar shop called Outlaw Cigar that has been helpful in making my wife growl at my weekly purchases. I found I prefer a robust smoke and a glass of bourbon at least 3X a week. To off-set costs, I've now ordered twice from Cigar International to try a variety of different manufacturers. So far my favorites so far have been Gurkha War Pig, HC Series Maduro, and Ramon Bueso Genesis. I hated only one, and that was a Amati. The rest of that first 10 pack were...OK. I have another sampler pack coming, all different CAO cigars as I have enjoyed a couple in that line.

Like a new wine drinker I am attempting to narrow down what my favorite grape is, then refine it from there. I am here to glean info off others, and in turn save myself some money in the long run. I have only rookie questions to provide for now, and promise to utilize all the resources that are already posted here as to not require repeat questions.

Thanks in advance for the welcome.

20180717_200950.jpg

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Welcome from South Ms!
Careful with those CI samplers.. I wasted quite a bit on those when I first started cigarring.. and still have a few undesirables left! Lol! Check out Small Batch for some better sampler options.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Welcome from South Ms!
Careful with those CI samplers.. I wasted quite a bit on those when I first started cigarring.. and still have a few undesirables left! Lol! Check out Small Batch for some better sampler options.
Yeah I am seeing that early on, and thought joining up to a forum that would allow me to glean more info would be prudent.

I'll admit the last purchase was made after 3 or 4 Bookers neat, so...ya know. ;)

I also assume (as much as I hate doing so) that cigars are like every other thing I enjoy....different strokes for different folks. I am a gun guy, bourbon lover, wine drinker.....each one of those has led me down rabbit holes of financial lunacy at one point or another. My goal is always the same...what is the highest quality/best value of what I enjoy VS the what I can afford. I am manic when it comes to enjoying life, and a cigar with a glass of bourbon on my back porch sitting with my wife is right up there. I am here to help decipher what is quality vs advertising.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from AZ

Since you said you like a robust smoke, you like the Bueso GtP, and you are on CBid... try the Bueso Habano version if you haven't already. It can usually be found on CBid for about the same price, it's a littler fuller, and it's pretty good.