What's new

Pepin Event April 23!!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
OK after looking at the coffin, it has DPG's sig on it already. So My coffin is already signed by Pete, but it will now carry both Sigs.
Remember to bring a gold sharpie. The red or black don't show up on the Frank box.

Are you guys meeting at Wahoos or the Pizza Port and what time? I might be up for Wahoos, but no Pizza for me.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Glad you guys could stop by and have another smoke with me. Tha Davidoff was a great nightcap after so many good smokes.

I started the afternoon with a Pepin Blue 'A'. As soon as I lit it, Pepin came up and started to talk about the 'A' saying it is rolled by only one man, who can roll about 100 a day. All that man rolls are Pepin A's and a few things for Tatuaje. He also was saying how the blend for his 'A' is the same as the Monte 'A', just not grown in Cuba. He must have gone on for 15 minutes talking about my cigar. At one point he even took it out of my hand so he could point out the burn and the ash. I had him sign my 5 stick caddy, my box of Black Label Perlas, and My Frank Coffin, that now has DPG's and PJ's autographs on it.

Good Times

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yep, I had a great time, although i don't know how I missed the photo (must have been eating). I started with the DPG blue lancero and finished with a DPG black belicoso from Oct. '07 that were both gifted to me. Thanks Brian and Jason!

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I realized when I got home that you were not in the group photo - DAMN! We will make sure you are featured at next event! Sorry about that bro...
Yep, I had a great time, although i don't know how I missed the photo (must have been eating). I started with the DPG blue lancero and finished with a DPG black belicoso from Oct. '07 that were both gifted to me. Thanks Brian and Jason!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I realized when I got home that you were not in the group photo - DAMN! We will make sure you are featured at next event! Sorry about that bro...
Perhaps we can do that when Dana Point has the Padron event.

I really enjoyed meeting all of the BOTL members, but I was a little irritated about the event. To be honest, the event was an insult to Pepin IMO. The man behind El Rey de los Habanos, partnered with Tatuaje, partnered with 601, partnered with a handful of Ashton blends, partnered with a CI blend, partnered with a few Cigar King blends, at least 13 90+ ratings for his El Rey de los Habanos blends, at least 9 90+ ratings partnered with Tatuaje (Pete Johnson),partnered with 3 90+ ratings partnered with E&O, and on and on.

Other than the the 1/2 a dozen BOTL hardcores, maybe 20 -25 people came into the establishment. Wow!! In hicktown Redlands, CA our local shop can bring in 50-75 people (Standing room only) for names like Arganese, J. Fuego, and Estaban Carbrea. Can't even imagine what would happen if someone like Pepin showed up. AAHHHH just venting.

The IEHHC also had a great time a Dave's house after the event. Thank you for your hospitality Dave.

Jason

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Damn, that's just not right! You guys go to an event and meet a legend, I go to one and get stuck with a 30 something rep wearing a water bra! Glad you guys had a blast, sounds like fun.