What's new

Perseid Meteor Shower

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Is anybody going to be watching the skies this weekend for the Perseid Meteor Shower? Supposedly the timing isn't quite right because this year there will be a full moon which will make the shower harder to see. My dad and I are traveling out to our hunting land in West Texas to hopefully get a better view of it. With no real cities within 50-60 miles, it gets SUPER dark out there. Hopefully we will have good visibility. Worst case scenario, we will get a great chance to view the moon with our telescope.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
you may have a good shot but here the moon is just going to drown em out. so like i say with my raiders and athletics, there is always next year. Plus with a good moon filter you can get some really nice looks at the moon.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Gonna try to catch it with my spotting scope...Might be hard with all the lights around us...

Worth a try i guess!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
HAHAHA

I was in a meeting this morning and it looks like it got delayed in the Bay...Supposed to be here in the morning, atleast thats the rumor! Probably gonna to miss this trip i will be working the weekend most likely now also...Sucks

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I watch em every year or try to. Right around my bday and some years they don't disappoint. Even with a moon.