What's new

Pete Johnson and Altadis team up.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I had a year on the board here and remember when he was sued for the La Fluer de Lis symbol. I just don't get it. I know many love the Henry clay as being one of the best blended cheap cigars. But I'd never work with them if it was me. He's a better man than I. And probably a much better business man.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I had a year on the board here and remember when he was sued for the La Fluer de Lis symbol. I just don't get it. I know many love the Henry clay as being one of the best blended cheap cigars. But I'd never work with them if it was me. He's a better man than I. And probably a much better business man.
That seemed weird to me too. I'm sure bygones will be bygones when it comes to money. Maybe Altadis realized they fucked up with how successful he's become.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Maybe Altadis realized they fucked up with how successful he's become.
I think Altadis had a legitimate concern over the flor de lis and Pete probably understood that. I wasn't smoking then so I don't know what really was going on and what the public was able to see. So maybe it was a business thing and nothing more to be buttsore about. So they could mutually move on then and now mutually come together.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NO INSIDE INFO HERE - THESE ARE 100% MY PEANUT GALLERY OPINIONS

- Henry Clay was one of my favorite smokes in the 90's, loved the price, loved the squished bundle press, loved the taste.

- Since legal conflict results in the direct interaction for the primary principals typically one of two things happens when parties have legal issues arise between them:1) they walk away thinking the other is a total jag off or 2) they are left with a positive impression of the other party given how the handled themselves during the resolution. Therefore it is not all that uncommon for previously opposing parties to later partner up and do business together in some way.

- When it comes to companies, everything is for sale... it is simply a matter of price and terms.

BR,

STS

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i had heard rumors of this for a while, and essentially passed them off. then, as i thought about it a little more, there were several directions that i could see this going. long story short, there ain't nothing written in stone in this business or any other these days!

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
If it's a good smoke hopefully despite the company attached to it it is well received, and bravo kudos if so. I hope that it is.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Nothing else matters if there is money to be made.
Agreed here.

Like Saka said, everything is always for sale. Period. That long time family house you own and would never sell, my guess is you would if someone came in offering 10xs market value.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Tin foil hat as well....

Maybe he's hoping to get a massive buy out from them.
Agreed here.

Like Saka said, everything is always for sale. Period. That long time family house you own and would never sell, my guess is you would if someone came in offering 10xs market value.
So what you're saying is..... :)