What's new

Pete Johnson at Holts Cigar Company

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
That is odd! I know BGC, Birdperk, BrianB & RusselP + were all down there...
I wonder what happened...?

You went to the Uptown store right? Wed-Downtown, Thurs-Uptown.

So what did you get?? La Ricky Churchills? El Triunfadors? I bet Cristina would smoke the hell out of those new ET's!!!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I was there until 2:30ish, but I did not see Pete there when I left, I figured he was prob. off doing promo stuff in the office's at Holt's and left. Sorry I didn't get to meet you however, Hope to do so next time!

Last edited:

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I went to the store on Townsend. They had a big sign out that Pete was going to be there and everything.

I picked up the last box of La Riqueza churchill's 6 Tat Browns 4 El T's and 4 Opus. Cris likes the new El T Lancero for sure. I'm trying to hide the rest.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was there till about 3:30. We spent the last 1/2 hour or so in the humidor, talking to a guy from Ashton so that was cool. I know didn't catch Pete on the way out either we wanted to beat the traffic. I believe he was talking business with the managers or something. If you got there at 2 you must of just missed him he was hanging with us in the lounge for a little while.

nyisles

acigarsmoker.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went on Wednesday and hung out with Pete for 4.5 hours, got a couple of Boris from him personally as a thank you since my friends and I stopped at Tony Luke and brought him a sandwhich. I drove down from Brooklyn, NY.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
i was told by the salesperson that i could mix and match. I could have bought a box of angeles cheaper but i preferred the other sticks. Bad business i believe. In my business if i say something i do it.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Damn Eddie, it almost sounds like someone had it in for you my friend! A bad experience like that is all it would take for me to never go back to that shop.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
That sucks Eddie - but I'm sure it was an oversight by an employee, not reflective of the store in general - Not that I'm defending Holts, but I've always had good service & experiences there.

Next time we meet up - I'll hook you up with a stick or three (or more!) - but I know it's the point, not the stick.

Wish we could have met up this round - next time perhaps (or sooner!).

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Don't be silly AJ you don't have to make up for a mistake from the store. I guess I shouldn't have put any faith in the employee to do the right thing. It probably was an oversight but nonetheless I was annoyed.