What's new

Pete Johnson coming to Appleton Souvenir & Cigar.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
OK, the most odd memorable cigar event ever.

We had MAJOR storms here on Friday, power out to the entire city. We bought a couple hundred dollars worth of battery operated lanterns, candles and got a generator to power the register, cc machine and some lights. Then the police came and shut down the business because in our license, it states that if there's no power, for safety reasons we can't keep the store open. The owner of the shop then told the police, "I own two vacant apartments above the shop, so we're just going to have a private party up in my private residences." The cops agreed and we moved furniture, ashtrays, cigars, register, generator, poker table and drinks upstairs into two two bedroom apartments, two living rooms and two kitchens. The police showed up again and said when they hear cash registers ringing it sounds as though we're operating a business, I told them "no, it's just donations for the event and we need to keep track", they winked and left.

The event was outstanding, Pete said, "this is like how we used to party in high school", we sold a ton of stuff, had a great time and it made a very memorable event!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
OK, the most odd memorable cigar event ever.

We had MAJOR storms here on Friday, power out to the entire city. We bought a couple hundred dollars worth of battery operated lanterns, candles and got a generator to power the register, cc machine and some lights. Then the police came and shut down the business because in our license, it states that if there's no power, for safety reasons we can't keep the store open. The owner of the shop then told the police, "I own two vacant apartments above the shop, so we're just going to have a private party up in my private residences." The cops agreed and we moved furniture, ashtrays, cigars, register, generator, poker table and drinks upstairs into two two bedroom apartments, two living rooms and two kitchens. The police showed up again and said when they hear cash registers ringing it sounds as though we're operating a business, I told them "no, it's just donations for the event and we need to keep track", they winked and left.

The event was outstanding, Pete said, "this is like how we used to party in high school", we sold a ton of stuff, had a great time and it made a very memorable event!

Hey folks... here are some photos...

Pictures of the storm in the morning and its aftermath: there was no power in the town of Appleton, WI:

Store front and Cops telling the shop management that all businesses are to be shut down due to a city ordinance. Party was changed to a private event within the residential area above the store:

Didn't take any good crowd photos, but here are some pictures of Pete on the roof deck and inside of the private residence that we had the party (notice the candles):

Here's a group photo of the Brothers:

Left to Right: volusianator, firedoc83, gbpacker66, jdog

Great time guys! I didn't include any pictures of the shop since it was technically closed... but it's a nice one with a great selection. I was also extremely impressed with the improvisation skills of the owner/management.

Last edited: