What's new

Peter Heinrichs - Dark Strong Flake Review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This tobacco was gifted to me by Dave (@Whtwtrman79) and something I was not previously familiar with. Of course I have to look it up to see what it is and find it's a Virginia/Burley blend rumored to be a copy of Orlick Dark Kentucky (some even claim it's the same tobacco altogether). I had never had either, but the description of “Aged cakes of red Virginia and fire-cured dark Kentucky” is intriguing.

The tin note is sweet with hints of licorice. I smoked it in my flower print meer.

Once my pipe was lit I'm greeted with a deep sweet molasses like vim. The flavor itself is not strong, but medium body that lays thickly on the tongue with just the hint of tanginess. There is a very light smoky essance in the background. I detect no pepper at all on the snork. As the bowl burns I can also taste a bit of that licorice in the background. After a puff there is a pleasant leathery aftertaste remaining on the tongue. The licorice flavor became more pronounced at the very end of the bowl. The tobacco burned to a fine grey ash all the way to the bottom of the bowl.

Overall this is a very smooth and extremely enjoyable smoke that leaves me wanting to immediately pack another bowl.