What's new

PGA Championship

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Watched a good portion of yesterday's coverage, I can't decide if I like this golf course or not. I'm expecting Rory and Jordan Spieth to go a little lower today playing in the morning wave. Less wind than yesterday afternoons round. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The course is a complete test of golf, which is all you can ask. I agree that those that tee off in the morning should get less wind and that should lead to lower scores. Rory has not competed since before the U.S. Open. I'm not convinced we will see him at his best. I am happy to see Dustin Johnson at the top of the leader board (although it's only day one). His resilience is remarkable.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Watching the marquee group this morning and Rory is a touch off on about every shot. Zach Johnson looks good.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I actually love this course. A links layout with more American style fairways and greens. More sand bunkers than I have ever seen on a course and severe drop offs everywhere. I think it'll be a difficult but fair test for everyone. A lot of trouble everywhere, so the bombers will have to be accurate. Long enough though, that the straighter but not as long hitters will be very challenged as well. I would have preferred that this course and the one they played the US Open weren't in the same year. Three links style majors in a row.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
My only complaint is, I'm having to pause the action so that I can fast forward through the stupid Rory Omega commercial and the Draft Kings commercial they play at every break.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Spieth did just what he needed to this morning, in order to make a good run this weekend. Should be interesting to see if Dustin struggles in the wind. For the record, I kinda-sorta liked Chambers Bay, only because of the exciting finish, but the course condition was horrible--it was not a U.S. Open course, period! But for the PGA Championship, I like this layout a lot. Visually, it's stunning as a viewer, and probably quite daunting as a player. LOL! If I ever get the chance, I would definitely play there--Chambers Bay, not so sure. There are so many great players in contention for these championships now. Anyone of these guys could put up a 63 or 64 and jump right into the mix. It's the best golf I've ever seen, and I still remember watching Curtis Strange win back-to-back U.S. Open Championships in '88 and '89! Man, I'm getting old!!!!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My only complaint is, I'm having to pause the action so that I can fast forward through the stupid Rory Omega commercial and the Draft Kings commercial they play at every break.
That same omega commercial played every single commercial break at last year PGA as well. As I write this its on.

And I jinxed Zach Johnson. Fell apart after a good start.

I think if I played this golf course I would curse a lot and have to go back to the clubhouse and buy more golf balls.

Dustin Johnson, Jason Day and Jordan Spieth near the top. Sounds like a major championship broken record.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Honestly, it's been a really cool Open for me to watch because one of my buddies, Austin Peters is playing in it this year and just qualified a few months ago. We're all rooting for him to make a comeback.