What's new

Photos from the DMB show I went to

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Holy crap that is a lot of confetti! From the pictures it looks like it must been a good concert.

Every DMB concert here in CT turns into riots and all kinds of arrests.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea the concert was a blast, best I have seen. The setlist was great and an awesome crowd!

I've been to the DMB shows in CT many times. I must say it is the area and the people that go there. No other DMB show in my 45ish shows has been like that. I think a lot of people come to just party and start trouble, not even going into the venue. We found a nice nook to park in at CT where we aren't bothered.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dam 45ish DMB shows? That's a dedicated fan.

Seems like the "media coverage", the concerts here in CT have gotten, have attracted all the idiots. Only need a handfull of people to ruin it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea, I enjoy their shows a lot.

I think it is that too. I get pretty pissed when it costs 30 bucks to park though!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I really want to see DMB I haven't had the opportunity yet. . . my g/f got me the live in Central Park DVD, but that just can't compare to actually being there I'm sure!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Great DVD! I was at that show out on the great lawn. If you ever want any concerts on CD let me know.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have seen 2 dave shows......

One was AMAZING.. and the other one wasnt very good..

I will still go see him again but only at certain venues....

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
my g/f got me the live in Central Park DVD, but that just can't compare to actually being there I'm sure!
the days of kickass dmb shows are in the past. it used to be that you'd have bela fleck, trey anastacio, peter griesar, and john popper drop in to jam on stage. they have now been replaced by the lovely ladies.

maybe it's just the grumpy dmb purist in me talking, but it just isn't the same.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
maybe someone who is more in touch with the dmb scene can answer this for me...but are there any rumors or plans for a set of dave and tim shows in the future? now THOSE are worth going to see.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Guy, you're just out of touch. The lovely ladies haven't been with them since 2000.

They have a lot of guests these days actually, Rober Randolph being one of them.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Dave and Tim played in 03, I was lucky to get tickets to one show but had to drive to NC from Jersey to see them. Man was that a good show.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
fuckin' a, bro. dave and tim show are the absolute shit.

christ, I'm glad they ditched the lovely ladies. that was the last tour I attended. I was that disgusted. eh maybe I'll catch them next time they swing through my neck of the woods.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
no, I stopped listening to keeping in touch after they ditched "the lilywhite sessions". I was REALLY REALLY into the band in high school and college. I have met dave a few times. they sorta lost me as a fan, or maybe I'm just a stubborn dmb purist.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I think you're not really labeled as "dedicated" until you hit over 100 shows. I have friends who are well over that number

I am hovering around the same number as Caudio. Been going to a ton since 98. Gosh i love em. Best music written currently, IMO and I am a LOVER of all musics. If it's passionate, let me hear it.

Start collecting the bootlegs and there's another great hobby!

derek said:
Dam 45ish DMB shows? That's a dedicated fan.

Seems like the "media coverage", the concerts here in CT have gotten, have attracted all the idiots. Only need a handfull of people to ruin it.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yes, to the concerts
and a D&T DVD
and another D&T albumn

I concur, these shows are the best to attend for the music. I haven't been to the shows in a few as I am sick of the party atmosphere being more important than the concert itself.
Call that MY DMB PURIST coming out!

GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
maybe someone who is more in touch with the dmb scene can answer this for me...but are there any rumors or plans for a set of dave and tim shows in the future? now THOSE are worth going to see.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I enjoy all aspects of the show...my friends and I get together early for drinks and some tailgating in nice weather, me with some cigars too. It doesn't get any better than that.

If anyone wants any current stuff or wants to know where to download it via bit torrent shoot me a PM.