What's new

Photos from the DMB show I went to

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
no, I stopped listening to keeping in touch after they ditched "the lilywhite sessions".
I almost did the same; then I rediscovered BTCS & UTAD. Man, those are amazing. 2 of the best albumns ever written, recorded, produced, ect., EVER.

Lillywhite, IMO, could have been on that list too. Busted Stuff turned into a joke though. :bottle: :angryteet

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I dont know if i could ever see 45 shows from one artist...... Maybe one day I will become that passionate but not yet...

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
I dont know if i could ever see 45 shows from one artist
every show is unique. from different set lists, to how each song isn't quite played the same each time/tour. my favorite are the extended #41 jams. and the rare treats when #40 or pig resurface at a show or two.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
They've been playing pig currently and I saw 41 night 2 at MSG! Also heard seek up!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
every show is unique. from different set lists, to how each song isn't quite played the same each time/tour. my favorite are the extended #41 jams. and the rare treats when #40 or pig resurface at a show or two.
Jorge-
Pig is no longer a "rare" occurance. #40 most certainly still is, as are many of the little tidbits found within songs ("Fools Rush In" in Crush; Norwegian Wood within Pay For What You Get; Specific intros into Two Step are among my favorites)

A very rare occurance now is to hear a duet on I'll Back You Up.

A neat thing that sets DMB apart is how they play their songs. Within my top 5 of their songs is Dancing Nancies and I've had the pleasure of hearing it played in different keys, with different intros, as different Genres (Imagine Flamanco!). The only other band I've had the pleasure to witness this with is Counting Crows who will play Mr Jones as either a slow, depressing song like it was truly written, or the upbeat fun recording as on the albumn.
My current favorite DMB song to witness this within is #41 when comparing his current method of playing it to how it was recorded at Luther College for the albumn in '95. The D&T version is very mystical and illusion filled while the current manner is incredibly musical and complex. WOW! I love their music!

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
a'ight. as soon as I get home (still at work), I'm busting out the ax and I'm going to rip some dmb tunes. one of my favorite ditties is the intro to tripping billies that used on "remember two things" and the new orleans house of blues show. dave speak went: we are the dave matthews band, and we are from somewhere in virginia...