What's new

Pinar 3000 "Pre-Embargo Cuban"

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
PINAR P2000, using pre-embargo filler, with Ecuadoran binder & wrapper

What the hell, let's make this questionable, and highly controversial cigar, my first review here.

IMHO these are expensive as all hell,
Which may very well explain why... at my local shop, under the counter, deep in the back, surrounded and barricaded by bundles of crap...

I came upon a God-only-knows-how-old sealed box of Pinar 3000.
We blew off the dust (honest) and cracked open this virgin box.

First thing about the cigar i noticed was the band, obviously...
Apparently Pinar, or whoever makes Pinar, cares quite little for appearances. Very plain, cheap looking, blue and gold band, almost looks like a label you'd find on a $3 bottle of wine from India... has a generic "Aladdin" feel.

Some other Pinar cigars there looked as if the labels were ink-jet jobs from some kid's bedroom computer. Whatever... don't judge a book right?

Next i notice the smell....
Eau Du Cheap Toilette? Smelled like ass + perfume.
Never sniffed a cigar that made me think of cheap perfume before.

Now i've got a bad feeling, but... i take two, what the hell right?

So now here it is, a few months they've been sittin' here... and with a resurgence of the pre-embargo debate recently, i decided to have another peek at these. Actually... to dare smoke one!

Sniff - hmm, smells like cigar now...
Feel - that seems nice, maybe a bit tight...
Clip - nice, clean, well constructed...
Pre light draw - looks like no plugs. Little tight, but easy enough.

Prelight taste? A bit different. Kinda sweet... not like anything i could point to, not nuts, or cocoa, leather nor wood.. just weird in a flowery sorta way.

Overall, this IS an attractive cigar. A fine looking wrapper, dark, slightly oily, with very fine veins... it's right up there in quality construction, so it seems.

Toast!

Well, after a few draws....
it tastes like smoking panty hose. The smoke is harsh, rough, like melting plastic. This is going to be a difficult cigar to enjoy... right now i wanna pitch it.

Ever smell an old church? .... Simlilar....

I've smoked a reasonable amount of Cuban tobacco, both in cigar form, as well as in pipe tobacco form... some was fairly old, granted... not 1958 vintage... but i have seen how tobaccos mellow out with age. Some feel they get better.

My point is... this does'nt taste like any Cuban tobacco i've had... not even close... whater spice taste there is seems to come from the wrapper, while the taste of straight nasty comes from the filler in abundance. Generally i do inhale, and with this cigar its horrid.... perhaps i expect a cigar like this to taste mild or almost flavorless after so long,

but this tastes like CRAYONS... with just a hint, of blackboard chalk and dust.

And if this is what pre-embargo cuban tobacco actually tastes like.... :smt078

I call bullshit on Pinars. So add me in with the "marketing ploy" crowd. This sucked.

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad to know it's not just me! I think they taste like very average Hondurans.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bro, i love Sancho Panzas from Honduras....
This cigar tasted like straight ass. Nothing like ANYTHING, not even like crap bundle crap, it was just bad, and now my lungs are in pain and my tongue has a taste that whiskey can't get out.

dbaranska... what did you make me do!!?!? I'll get you for this one dude... i thought we were friends!

TOJE

Cigar Photographer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like em...do they taste like Cubans?? NO.

Did I buy em?.....NO. (They were gifts)

Would I buy em?......if the price was right. I also have no idea what the retail price is for these.

But I have smoked many and enjoyed every one of them.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i made an error in the title, it's a 2000 not 3000, hence the Ecuadorian wrapper...

the 3000 may be entirely different, with a different wrapper, but the taste of this cigar was definitely on par with the first "whiff" i had from the virgin box, just nasty.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
gonz said:
Bro, i love Sancho Panzas from Honduras....
This cigar tasted like straight ass. Nothing like ANYTHING, not even like crap bundle crap, it was just bad, and now my lungs are in pain and my tongue has a taste that whiskey can't get out.

dbaranska... what did you make me do!!?!? I'll get you for this one dude... i thought we were friends!

I just want to know how Gonz knows exactly what ASS tastes like.... And not just a hint of ass, STRAIGHT ASS...

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Crawdad said:
I just want to know how Gonz knows exactly what ASS tastes like.... And not just a hint of ass, STRAIGHT ASS...
Do you know what ass smells like?
well like most things in life, it tastes exactly like it smells.

That, and plus DWavs told me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just like calling people an Ass Taster. Think I'll go around all day saying it.

wonder what the chick at Safeway is going to do when I call her an Ass Taster...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
gonz.....the 2000 I had was fair...would I buy them ...NO...what do you want they were cheap..LOL...you know what I mean...

Then again, It may be your taste buds from all that ass licking.....

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dbaranska said:
gonz.....the 2000 I had was fair...would I buy them ...NO...what do you want they were cheap..LOL...you know what I mean...

Then again, It may be your taste buds from all that ass licking.....
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

:smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082

OMG, now that's some funny shit!

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Crawdad said:
I just like calling people an Ass Taster. Think I'll go around all day saying it.

wonder what the chick at Safeway is going to do when I call her an Ass Taster...
And what if she is? Are you goig to let her :smt077