What's new

Pinar del Rio Habano Sun Grown

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
According to our resident Pdr expert W.B. (@ the leaf) these were tweaked(blend) along with the new packaging. Never been the same fwiw. I use to like the old blend as well. Thanks for the review.

Rev

Perfecto Lounge
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't exactly thrilled with the ones I've had either. Although I'll certainly agree the small batch and the capa maduro were very nice smokes. The sungrown I bought had the newer wrapping style you mentioned though, so maybe that is the difference.
I also agree these are just ho-hum. I just tried 3 different blends (Oscuro, Habano Sun Grown and Clasico Exclusivo) the local rep was nice enough to drop off for me to try:

Oscuro - Fair amount of spice but very bitter. I like me some dark unsweetened chocolate in my maduro/oscuro cigars but this was not pleasant.

Clasico Exclusivo - Light/medium bodied smoke with some hints of leather and cream...but I REALLY had to pay attention to pull these flavors out.

Habano Sun Grown - Probably the best of the 3 with a nice medium body and woodsy tones. Again, I really had to pay attention to pull flavors out.

I set each of these cigars down when they were halfway smoked and didn't pick them up again (that's rare for me folks). That combined with the fact these are ALL over the 'net for bargain prices makes this line one you won't be finding in Perfecto Lounge anytime soon.

As a side note, I did enjoy the PDR Maduro's that were out 1-2 years ago and wouldn't turn one down as a bargain maduro.