What's new

Pinar Del Rio

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I too am new to the PRD's and just watched the reviews by Brian Glenn (great reviews BTW). PDR's website says that my local B&M sells these and I am thinking about picking up a few.

So far I'd say my selection would be: 1 Oscuro, 2 Cubano Especial, 3 Seleccion, 4 Clasico, 5 Habano Sun Grown

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Quickly becoming a fan. Had my first PdR only in the last couple of months. Since then, I've been grabbing them any time I can from the big-box auction sites, rarely paying over $3/per. Initial thoughts, after just 2-3 each:

1. Limitado 2010 toro -- rich, deep, definition of 'chewy'
2. Sun Grown Habano Lancero - wonderful - got a little tarry, but an extra 1/8" clip fixed that
3. 1878 Capa Maduro corona -- surprisingly full-flavored, complex maduro
4. Oscuro corona - (old blend/pkging) - difficult to keep lit, but with extensive dry-boxing and some re-lighting it is almost worth the effort. VERY tasty.
5. Clasico 2007 robusto - not bad to start out, good strength to open, but for some reason I can't put my finger on, they tend to bore me in the 2nd half

PdR has definitely gotten my attention. Glad to have read all the good talk about them on here.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've only tried the Clasico so far and its not bad for what I paid for them.
I always hear about the Sun Grown and the Oscuro so I guess I'll have to try those next.

dowjr1

Dan O
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I feel better now bc I have been on a PDR bender of late. For me the order of preference is: BOTL Small Batch, 1878 Oscuro, 1878 Madura, then the orginial old blend Oscuro, Seleccion. I am pretty darn excited about what Abe and his boys are putting out these days. My favorite brand for sure right now. Usually I am buying torpedos or toros but the BOTL small batch was a corona gordo and I enjoyed the change.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love most everything PDR has to offer.

My fave being the 1878 Madura followed by the original blend Oscuro. Great sticks Abe!