What's new

Pipe baccy tin split club

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Just measuring who might be interested in doing something like this. It would be open to probably me plus 3 people a month. Goal is to sample baccys from my extensive collection of unopened tins! Would probably be 4 to 8 half oz samples of a variety of baccy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just measuring who might be interested in doing something like this. It would be open to probably me plus 3 people a month. Goal is to sample baccys from my extensive collection of unopened tins! Would probably be 4 to 8 half oz samples of a variety of baccy.

Sounds good to me!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
ProbAbly do an aro, an English, a va based blend or two, and a burley. I have about 950 tins. So variety isn’t an issue. Guessing price would be around $13-15 shopped for 4 dif blends. All depends what they are, but we all know pipe baccy is cheap

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I have interest but I need details. Compared to your collection I don't really have anything to offer
I would just be picking out some tins of mine and dividing it up between the people involved. You wouldn’t be putting up any tobacco of your own.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guess I'll have to wait for november after I get access to marketplace. Save a spot for on novembers. (Assuming you're still doing it then)

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Octobers tobaccos that will be split up, 1 slot left on the marketplace thread

Octobers tobaccos
Rainier Levant
Joe Lankford has fond memories of some of the blends that the legendary tobaccos from Drucquer & Sons. One particular favorite of his was Levant Mixture, and he missed it so much that he decided to develop his own tribute to it - introducing Seattle Pipe Club Rainier Levant. This is a rich and fragrant Balkan-style blend made of zesty red Virginia, earthy/spicy Turkish Orientals and plenty of Cyprian Latakia.

Captain Earle's Nightwatch: Another full-bodied Latakia-based plug tobacco, this time with the addition of Perique for added depth. You'll enjoy the rich experience of a pressed tobacco made of a healthy dose of Latakia, smooth Virginias, exotic Orientals and the aforementioned Perique.

C&D Repose: A nutty, heady aromatic blend of cube-cut Burley, Turkish, and bright Virginias, drizzled with a splash of dark rum. Quiet your mind with this rich, fragrant smoke.

Two Friends: Heritage
Two Friends Heritage is difficult to define. The star of the show is the fine collection of Virginias, but due to the Cavendish and Burley content, it's hard to call it a Virginia blend. It has a subtly aromatic quality about it, featuring a cognac note, but it's mellow enough that it would be unfair to call it an aromatic. Whatever it is, it has a pleasant sweetness, it's cool and creates large plumes of thick smoke. For years, this was the late Craig Tarler's everyday blend. If you're looking for that all-day tobacco, Two Friends Heritage is the ideal choice.

MacBaren Original Choice
Original Choice is a prime example of Mac Baren at its finest. The blend starts with specially selected Virginia tobaccos from North Carolina and mellow Burley from Tennessee. These fine leaves are combined with a smooth mixture of flavors for a cool smoking, exceedingly pleasant experience.

Peter Stokeebye: Pistachio
Peter Stokkebye No. 27 Pistachio consists or a fine ribbon-cut, superlative red Virginia and a silky-smooth black Cavendish. A carefully selected combination of a creamy vanilla with the subtle flavor of pistachio nuts completes this understated, but very enjoyable blend.

McConnell's Black & Gold:
Comprised of Virginia, black Cavendish, and Perique in a sharply contrasting mixture, light and sweet.

Samuel Gawith: Best Brown Flake
Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake consists of nothing but Virginias which are pressed into cakes and then moved to a steam press where the combination of heat and pressure darken the leaf to its familiar brown color and fully matures the flavor, which is deep and nutty.