What's new

Pipe bombing, the good kind!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ever since I joined this site and got my first cigar bomb(Thanks shuck and gary!) I've wished that pipe smokers, though few in number, would start something similar on the site. Maybe not necessarily bombing all the new members, but doing some trading amongst ourselves of an ounce or two of different blends we love?

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i just bought my first pipe the other day,a big ben president,and would be interested in doing some trading when i get something to trade. i have only smoked gh dark flake,which they gave me when i bought my pipe,but have ordered a few samplers to try.
when i get a stash built up,i'd be happy to do some trading/bombing...

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I too got my first pipe 2 weeks ago, with nothing to smoke in it yet, Well, nothing I could trade :)

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
pipe bombs do happen around here just not as often as the cigar ones.
stick around for a while and you will see.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i started by smoking a third of a bowl,and found it enjoyable,partly because it didn't take as long to smoke as a cigar and i didn't have to spend as much time in the cold...lol.
i smoked 3/4 of a bowl earlier today while walking the dogs and hardly noticed the cold at all.
i'm still trying to pick up flavors and will be glad when my samplers arrive so i can compare tobaccos...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shuck I know you don't give out your address often, what with the revenge bombing possibility and all, but I'd love to get you started with a few ounces from one of my local shops I can't get around to finishing. PM me that addy!

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Sounds like a good idea. Always wanted to try a pipe but never really got in to it. Any suggestions on where to get a nice beginner pipe? Thanks guys

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i just bought a couple of corncobs from pipesandcigars for less than $5 each. i was told they were a good starter pipe because they are very forgiving to newbies. i haven't received them yet so i can't tell you anything about the company. i also ordered a few samplers from them to do a little experimenting with...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shuck is right, corncobs are always a great way to go for beginners. Personally I started with a cheap briar I got for around $15 but corncobs are smooth smoking, easy maintenance, cheap, and about the only downside is that they only last a few years as opposed to a lifetime. As far as I'm concerned you really can't go wrong with any cheap briar or corncob as a beginner pipe and you can find either from places like pipesandcigars.com and cupojoes.com

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oooh... man I have *not* been paying attention! Shucks is going piper? Super!

Strangely, as a 'gar man primarily, you'll likely prefer moving through American burleys ro English rather than the more traditional route of aromatics (which might--at least in smell, certainly not in taste) be reminiscent of flavored cigars.

Welcome aboard yet another endless money pit! The more the merrier... (Oh, and happy new year!)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Pipe bombing would be cool. I had gotten a cheapie Dr. Grabow back when I was about 21, or so. Hadn't smoked forever... Got it back out last year. Smoke it on occasion. My wife's uncle had some pipes from when he smoked back in the 70's and 80's... gifted them all to me! Now, I have 7 in my collection... two of which are Nording freehands, and a Ben Wade! Way too kind. Haven't really had the opportunity to try any non-aromatics, yet. Would love to, just not sure which, yet...

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
Oooh... man I have *not* been paying attention! Shucks is going piper? Super!

Strangely, as a 'gar man primarily, you'll likely prefer moving through American burleys ro English rather than the more traditional route of aromatics (which might--at least in smell, certainly not in taste) be reminiscent of flavored cigars.

Welcome aboard yet another endless money pit! The more the merrier... (Oh, and happy new year!)
yeah david,i am branching out!
i've only smoked gh dark flake so far,but i was on a site that had root beer and peanut butter flavors, and since that's what i usually have for breakfast,i bought a sampler...lol.
i haven't received it yet so i don't know if i'll like it...

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
hey guys, Im bidding on a couple of briars on ebay right now....I really don't know where or how to get started. Any suggestions?