What's new

Pipe makers / pipe brands

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Over the last year or so I went from no pipes to being bombed an estate pipe and buying two Boswells. I'm definitely happy with with them, but maybe I need to expand my horizons. While reading about different makers I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread where people can share their experiences with different makers or brands of pipes.

A maker who sells great smokers at great prices? Someone who you had a great or awful experience dealing with? Maybe this is the place to share it so people who aren't in the know can get educated.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Budget- Missouri meerschaum corn cob, chris morgan bones line, even the dagner "rally pipes" are good beater knock around pipes.

If you want to step up a bit Savinelli, Boswell's, Briar Bird pipes are really awesome too. Instagram has alot of pipe makers too.

I really have no complaints with any of them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Missouri meer cobs are a no brainer. They smoke great.

I'm a big fan of Savinelli, I have three and they are just amazing smoking pipes for fairly reasonable prices.

David Jones sells pipes he makes on Ebay and they are a great value. I would suggest you check them out. Probably one of the best values out there.

My best smoking Briar is a Larrysson pipe that he did last year for the badger and blade brown leaf forum crew. It wasn't what I'd consider cheap either .

Just ordered an H Cor meer from the man in turkey. It wasn't cheap, but the Strambach pipes I've had have all cracked at the same place in the shank, so I'm hoping that I'll get what I pay for.

So, I'd stay away from Strambach...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Peterson has gotten a bad rap over QC, but every one I own is great. A big fan of Neerup and Brebbia as well. .
I also own many from independent makers and I hope to continue purchasing from them in the future

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I will add that there are many fantastic pipe makers on Etsy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
True North Briar has my favorite pipe makers all on one site.
Cody Perkins
Ian Barnes
Dirk Heinemann
Of course those are not really budget friendly. But I guess Budget Friendly is subjective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Ian Barnes is my best smoker by a looooong shot. Not easy on the wallet, but if you smoke it every day it's practically free, right?? Another maker I've recently found that makes a very nice pipe that's much easier on the wallet is Dragon Briars on etsy

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
One day I'd love to have a pipe from Cody Perkins and Ian Barnes. I know they're doing our 2016 BOTL pipe as True North Briar collaboration but they both make badass pipes. Cody did the 2014 pipe I believe for BOTL??

I'm surprised we haven't mentioned H. Wiebe Pipes. The radiator pipes that Hekthor created are something unique and awesome. Would make a great conversation piece. Another one I'd love to add to the collection one day......and he just released the curved stem.....ugh. :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
List of my favorite carvers altho some are out of my price range.
Cody Perkins
Dirk Hienneman
Ian Barnes
Don Marshall
Scottie Piersel
Abe Herbaugh
David Huber
Jim Deschaine
Nate King
Steve Liskey
Jesse Jones
Zack Hamrick
Wayne Tiepen

For more affordable look into
Chris Morgan
Dagner
Briar Bird

For something different look into
Monstrosity pipes
Shaw pipe company

I'll think of a gazillion more once I post this

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So, I bought the Ozark. I probably wouldn't do that again unless I was going to make a project out of sanding it out. Even then, it really isn't worth it for a novelty smoker.

My next purchase will probably be a Nording Classic Smooth. Anybody have an opinion on those?