What's new

Pipe Noob!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very new to pipes...I have 3 that I inherited from my grandfather after he passed on Veterans Day 2009 (and he was a WWII vet). I have a Meerschaum, a Yello Bole and an LL Bean (apparently they made pipes before they made winter hats...lol). I have been gifted some pipe baccy recently from some very generous BOTL (Stonehaven, Haunted Bookshop, Butternut Burley, Samuel Gawith flakes (a couple different), Sweet Mystery X, and many other varities). All that being said, I am a cigar guy through and through, but there is something to be said for pipe smoking...the price is PERFECT, you can make it a short smoke...and the aroma...man oh man does it smell great!

I love the nice warm bowl in my hands on a brisk fall day...I love how it reminds me of my grandfather...it isn't something that I will do all the time...or even with a large degree of regulalarity...but I do enjoy it when I break them out.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well said, I too have one of my grandfathers pipes I found in his workshop when we clean out his house. Just having it sitting in my rack brings back those found memories of childhood.