What's new

Pipe Packing 101 - The Frank Method

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the info and link. I've been too lazy lately to smoke pipe...but I'm thinking with the weather lately it may be time to enjoy a few bowls to change up the usual cigar.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I tried this method a few times when I started pipe smoking in October and never really liked it.

Although, I now use a modified version of this combined with the 'thirds' method.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I tried this method a few times when I started pipe smoking in October and never really liked it.

Although, I now use a modified version of this combined with the 'thirds' method.
Likewise! Just finished a Boswell sitter with Xmas Cookie. First light @ 8Am EDT, am now really close to the bottom of the bowl 11AM. Goes great with the Sunday paper and a 10 cup pot of coffee....minimum relights and great flavor all the way. Bowl is about 1 1/2 in deep. Another great smoke from a Boswell pipe.:smile: :applause: :peace: :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Frank method is what I use. Although my experience has been that almost any method works when tamping properly during the smoke.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks Wasch...good video despite the language. I smoked 3 bowls tonight mainly to get my packing straight. The first was way too loose, second better, but the third was a decent pack. I really enjoyed the third bowl despite it being Captain Black. I think this is a worthy enough hobby to get that starter kit. Thanks for the help guys.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yea, I did...he said he would send me something nice. I told him I trusted his judgement. I just wanted it a dark redish color. And, I have been reading about the Boswell tobaccos and it seems those are the most popular. You guys have anymore suggestions on different types Boswell has?

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
Ok, I just bought the beginner set from Boswell. I got an ounce of Christmas cookie and 5 ounces of Spice-N-Nice.
I also enjoy Sweet Tea, Sweet&Mild and Bear Blend. Todd thinks The Bear Blend has a little "Latikia" (sp) in it.:thumbsup: Thre's also Hazel nut that's preety good. For a nice "mild" smoke, try Bowells Best or Dan's Blend.