What's new

Pipe torch lighter

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Deriffe said:
I use a zippo for my pipe. Once it burns for a couple of seconds, no fluid smell of taste when I light up.
Is that not tough to get the flame to the bowl?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Alrighty, I placed my first order as a Prometheus vendor this morning. I included a few of the Barron & Churchill series for the pipe smokers! :thumbsup:

I don't know anything about pipes, so I didn't include theirs in this order but will try to find opinions on them.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
FYI - My Prometheus order came in last night and the lighters look & feel sweet.

I am obligated to list them for MSRP so if anybody wants one, please pm or email me for a big ass discount!

~Mark
Cigarmony.com

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Any of you guys use the old Nimrod type lighter? It was always my favorite when I smoked a pipe regularly, long ago. I see that a version of the Nimrod is still made.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
caudio51 said:
I can't even figure out how that lights! :dunno:
Tom, the outer bottom portion slides back revealing the lighting chamber in the middle. It is a protective sleeve, if you will. There is a wheel and flint, with the wick in the middle of the chamber. You lay the ligher across the top of the pipe bowl and draw. They work very well in all conditions, including high winds. These were the cat's meow when I was a boy in the 19. . .never mind. . . :grin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Corona Old Boy for $130, something that did not make me happy, but I couldn't resist the pipe-shapes design engraved on the lighter's body. One only lives once.

I 've not yet fully got the hang of it. (I've never owned a lighter before.) It lights the full pipe very efficiently to begin with, but it does not really reach to the bottom of a tall pipe. I find myself switching back to wooden matches for the final lights.