What's new

Pipes and blending

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am curious about this. I have been rolling my own cigars and am getting to the point where I am really liking my cigar blends and am wanting to give this a shot as well. There is actually a pipe blending contest being hosted by @USHOG using his home grown leaf that you should really participate in as well!

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I am curious about this. I have been rolling my own cigars and am getting to the point where I am really liking my cigar blends and am wanting to give this a shot as well. There is actually a pipe blending contest being hosted by @USHOG using his home grown leaf that you should really participate in as well!
He hasn't access yet. Trying to get him to post more so he can get access to the marketplace.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently bought a bunch of different Cornell and Diehl blending tobaccos to try my hand at blending as well. Have not received them yet, but look forward to trying my hand at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys sorry about the late reply. I am a big fan of mixing latakia with some sweeter tobaccos. My most recent blend is a 2 1/2 ounce blend. It's an ounce of crooner(5% deer tongue with a cube cut burly) 3/4 of a house blend from John b hayes called hays number 2 I believe it has some Cavendish and Virginia's that might have a bit of clove(I have to confirm the clove part with Matt hayes that's just the sent I picked up) then I added a half ounce of straight latakia and 1/4 of perique. Little advice when blending with latakia and perique. When smoked right after you have made the blend you may notice that it really doesn't pull threw and you might make the mistake of adding more. But I have noticed that after about 2 weeks it becomes the dominate flavor. if you are a guy like me and only like it to complement the sweater flavors of the tobacco then it will take some time to get used to the right amount you should use. The blend right now after a few days reminds me of a frog Morton blend but the deer tongue from the crooner is the dominate flavor I'll give you guys and update in about a week as I am sure the characteristics of the blend will fully change as the tobaccos marry. I'm hoping it goes more of an English route and the aromatics die down a bit.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update. There is no clove in the hayes number 2 but it was agreed that the blend has a bit of a clove smell. After 5 days the blend is taking on more of an English character and is tasting fantastic. If you would like to try it I would love to send you some.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So update. There is no clove in the hayes number 2 but it was agreed that the blend has a bit of a clove smell. After 5 days the blend is taking on more of an English character and is tasting fantastic. If you would like to try it I would love to send you some.

Seems like a trap to me. LOL. :cigar: