What's new

Pitchers and Catchers

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tubaman said:
OK, now that the Steelers are done, I can't wait for baseball to start up! Not too long until pitchers and catchers start!
Well thank god for that since the damn NHL is history for this season atleast. The damn players no nothing about compromise!!! :smt013 You'd think they'd realize that this was the best deal they where going to get!! From here on in it will be less. The owners are in the drivers seat and this isn't like baseball. These owners are losing money hand over feet with Hockey. You'd think they would have compromised and offered to come down to 45 million but they just didn't seem to get it. Also how the heck can Goodenow not let the players vote on 45 million? I just don't get it!!! IDIOTS IF YOU ASK ME IDIOTS!!! :smt084

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
ehdg said:
Well thank god for that since the damn NHL is history for this season atleast. The damn players no nothing about compromise!!! :smt013 You'd think they'd realize that this was the best deal they where going to get!! From here on in it will be less. The owners are in the drivers seat and this isn't like baseball. These owners are losing money hand over feet with Hockey. You'd think they would have compromised and offered to come down to 45 million but they just didn't seem to get it. Also how the heck can Goodenow not let the players vote on 45 million? I just don't get it!!! IDIOTS IF YOU ASK ME IDIOTS!!! :smt084
What's hockey??!!!!!

Spring training is here baby!!!!! Here come the boys of summer!!!!!!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tubaman said:
What's hockey??!!!!!

Spring training is here baby!!!!! Here come the boys of summer!!!!!!
Boy's of summer does that meant he Dodgers are finally back in Brooklyn? :dancing:

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
ehdg said:
Boy's of summer does that meant he Dodgers are finally back in Brooklyn? :dancing:
No, but the Cyclones are there and doing nicely.

Always go to see my beloved and beleagured Yankees but also have been a big minor league fan the last couple of years. Gone to a bunch of Newark Bears games. Got to meet Ricky Henderson and Sparky Lyle who was coaching another team.

And Mark, I did read your post and will respond appropriately in time.

By the way, can I borrow your cell phone?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am so ready for baseball season. I knwo a lot of people criticize the slow pace of the game but in a world of ultra-fast lifestyles, baseball is a nice change of pace. There is nothing better than sitting in the sun with a cold beer and some peanuts watching some baseball. Well, maybe lying in a hammock with a cold beverage, a good cigar and listening to a game on the radio.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Legends of the Playground said:
I am so ready for baseball season. I knwo a lot of people criticize the slow pace of the game but in a world of ultra-fast lifestyles, baseball is a nice change of pace. There is nothing better than sitting in the sun with a cold beer and some peanuts watching some baseball. Well, maybe lying in a hammock with a cold beverage, a good cigar and listening to a game on the radio.
That sounds awfully nice doesn't it!! Except, I don't think a hammock would be good for me, I might be crippled after an hour. Some of my fondest memories are when my brothers and I went camping and sitting by the fire, listening to a ballgame and enjoying cigars and libations!!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
geoffrie said:
No, but the Cyclones are there and doing nicely.

Always go to see my beloved and beleagured Yankees but also have been a big minor league fan the last couple of years. Gone to a bunch of Newark Bears games. Got to meet Ricky Henderson and Sparky Lyle who was coaching another team.

And Mark, I did read your post and will respond appropriately in time.

By the way, can I borrow your cell phone?
Geoff,

Now that last line is pretty damn funny!! You had me laughing out loud here!! :smt081

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is Harry Carrey out hear in wonderful Wrigley Field now let me hear ya, a1 and a2, Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd,
"Cubs Win--Cubs Win

I can almost smell the peanuts and the hot dogs.