What's new

Places to smoke in Austin, Texas?

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Hello all!

I am stuck in Austin for the weekend on business, (shooting all day Sat), but I am free tonight, and wondering if there are some good places that BOTL like to hang out and smoke in Austin?

Thanks for any help!

~brooks

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hey Brooks.. I don't know a lot about the places down south/downtown, but up north you've got:

1. Fumee - http://fumeecigars.com/ - Not really a great selection of cigars IMO, but it's a decent lounge, bartenders are friendly. Beer, wine, and coffee (I think tea too) only though. No hard liquor.

2. Cigar Room (Out on 620 in Lakeway) - Owner is a member here, been here once and met him (Alex Torres) and Mark (SailorAg) there. Good people. Decent selection there. Alex has his own brand there as well. Some couches, tables, chairs. Decent beer selection. I hear the wine selection is good, but I rarely drink wine so I didn't look. I forget it they carry hard liquor or not.

3. Heroes and Legacies - This one is up north as well in Austin. The lounge here is nice and big. Couple of big screens. Friendly and fairly knowledgeable staff. Unfortunate part is the lounge is member's only. I think you can buy a day pass for like $10, or buy their cigar of the week and get in for free that day. I've only been on event days when the lounge is openand a day they had an open lounge. Nice place though. BYOB. (This is my local B&M that I buy from when looking for some random singles of stuff to try). They do have an outdoor smoking area which you can smoke out without going in the lounge.

4. Habana House (Downtown) - http://www.showmeyourash.com/ - I checked this place out for their Tat selection because heroes was lacking. Good tat selection, IIRC they had a good Illusione selection. Small smoking area, but it's located in a coffee house that serves alcohol (full bar I think). Guy running the shop when I was in was very friendly. Guys in there seemed great as well.

I know there are a few others, but those are the ones I've actually been to.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Not a lot of good places IMO, up north at Fume, or out west there is a place called the cigar room. The one down south called Habana House I like, but not really room to smoke.

If you are bored and want to drive out to the country (about an hour outside of Austin) let me know and we can smoke a few.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Habana House is my favorite and that is my favorite place period. The guys that hang around there are a really cool bunch. If you are a Tat fan then this is the place to go. I give my full endorsement. It is small, but I liken it to a local barbershop where everyone comes to hang out. I know Abdul the manager and he will take good care of you. Plus it is inside a coffee shop so there is food and beers (plenty and some local), and wine if you like. Plus you are not far from the South Congress area where some of Austin's best restauarants are. I recommend Vespaio or South Congress Cafe.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Damn, I can hook up for a smoke tomorrow if you want. Otherwise, Any bar in Round rock (north) you can smoke in. Couple of good B&M's north... Pipe World (dont serve drinks), Fumee (serves beer and wine).

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
During my visit last September, my favorite spot ended up being a small 'park' at the corner of Colorado & 6th. We would sit at one of the tables & watch the drunk girls take dips in the fountain before being chased off by the security guards, who thankfully were welcoming to us & chased off a few people that could have interfered with our cigar bliss...

Another nice spot was at the Parkside restaurant a few blocks down on 6th (Pecan St.), they had an upstairs patio that overlooks 6th St - we hung out up there for hours drinking coffee, eating & smoking away!

I visited Heroes & Legacies - a little difficult to find at first (right behind the Barnes & Nobles on the second floor), I did get a tour of the very nice lounge: complete with pool table, fish tanks, large TV, etc..

Enjoy your stay! I can't wait to visit again!

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I work at The Cigar Room. We have a lounge that's free to smoke in and a pretty well stocked humidor. Our selection has been gorwing, we'll be getting in more tats and don pepin/my father stuff soon. Come on in and I'll get you a discount and all BOTLs can bring their own cigars at no cost. We have a lot of beer and wine but no liquor, that's a locker member privilege.

Heroes and Legacies is great, fully stocked humidor, but the lounge is BYOB and you get charged to enter. Their staff is nice and very knowledgable, plus they have quite the selection on accessories.

Fumee is a Torano sponsored lounge, so their humidor is nearly all Torano. You can bring in your own stuff, but they charge a cutting fee.

I've never been to Habana House, so I can't comment on the place.

There a lot of wonderful parks in downtown Austin. Like Soundwave said, just grab a stick and light it there. The weather here has been awesome and the eye candy downtown is great!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was out for the weekend and just got back. Heroes is ok if they have an event. I'd rather not pay a fee to smoke in a lounge when there are so many great outdoor venues.

My fav place to go (although I've been busy lately and haven't made it out there) is cigar room. Great bunch of guys, cold beers and comfy chairs. Even get specials, like happy hour, specially priced cigars, food (on occasion) and even Texas Hold'em. Cigar Room gets my vote for the Austin area. Jeff:cbig: