What's new

Please give me your opinions on CAO

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Review coming soon!

But I would not expect much...it was a VERY average smoke...

~brooks
Brooks, how long did you let them sit? I heard they are an average smoke when you first get them but with a year or more they are supposed to be great... Just wondering:wtf:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Brazilia, Black VR, L' Anni Maduro, LX2, America, and Soprano are the one's I've tried that I like and will definitely smoke again.

Gold, Italia, Criollo, and MX2 are others that I've smoked that were ok, but I won't go searching for them.
Agree 100% on the Criollo, very one dimensional. Pepper, pepper, and only pepper.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Brooks, how long did you let them sit? I heard they are an average smoke when you first get them but with a year or more they are supposed to be great... Just wondering:wtf:
Have they even been out a year? What are they, cuban? LOL!

I let it sit about 3.5 weeks or so...

You are saying they need a year? I did not know they have even been out that long?

~brooks

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Have they even been out a year? What are they, cuban? LOL!

I let it sit about 3.5 weeks or so...

You are saying they need a year? I did not know they have even been out that long?

~brooks
lol Well they have been out for over a year, on this site alone they were being talked about since May/June of 08 and I am sure people had them before that. I am going to give mine a good 6months in the humi and then give them a shot.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
oh crap... it was my 1000th post.
Be on the lookout soon for my 2000th Post Super Mega Giveaway!
I don't think I'll be around next weekend for that:smokingbo

As far as CAO goes, I have had three of them. The CAO Black VR was good, the CAO Vision was really good but too expensive for it, and that CAO Elieens Dream I got as a freebie was horrible!!

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
lol Well they have been out for over a year, on this site alone they were being talked about since May/June of 08 and I am sure people had them before that. I am going to give mine a good 6months in the humi and then give them a shot.
Well, I have 3 more I will let sit, but if they are not good after almost a month in a Vino......:disappoin

I calls it like I sees it :smokingbo

~brooks

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Well, I have 3 more I will let sit, but if they are not good after almost a month in a Vino......:disappoin

I calls it like I sees it :smokingbo

~brooks
Hey Brooks and Premiums / HTFs or just any expensive sticks you don't like please feel free to send them my way for proper disposal.:yes:

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I had my first Mx2 last night, and I REALLY enjoyed that smoke. It was very consistent throughout the whole stick. I almost burnt my fingers trying to get the last bit out of it!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Brazillia has long been one of my favorite smokes. I don't think I ever go into B&M without picking up one or two sticks.

The others...I'll smoke on occassion. Smoked a LX2 Lancero yesterday. I enjoyed it more than some of the larger sizes I have previously tried.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Back when CAO was a boutique cigar, I thought the Brazilia was the bomb. Loved those sucker. Now with so much hype and so many cigars. I have lost my taste for the. I still have a brazilia anaconda in the humi thats a few years old now.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Back when CAO was a boutique cigar, I thought the Brazilia was the bomb. Loved those sucker. Now with so much hype and so many cigars. I have lost my taste for the. I still have a brazilia anaconda in the humi thats a few years old now.
Have one of the Anacondas also. I look at and wonder when will I have the time for it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, to add my voice to the choir... CAO makes some really decent cigars. They do tend to aggressively market with garish boxes and labels but their cigars are good and they don't do as much of the insulting price schemes that some companies (coughcoughghurkacoughcough) do. Our CAO rep is an incredible guy and he is the only rep that finds our part of the country worth his while to visit on a regular basis. In fact, he is the only rep that will do events at our local b&m.

I guess that most of us, who join cigar boards, are a bit more involved in fine cigars than the average cigar smoker. The uber marketing may seem a big distraction for us, but it is very necessary and profitable for the larger cigar companies. The average cigar smoker probably goes into a humidor with no idea what kind of cigar he likes or what he might purchase. Shelf space is very limited in most stores. The casual cigar smoker will probably be drawn to the fancy boxes and labels. If he chooses CAO based on their marketing, he will get a good cigar at a probably not a rip off price.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
While I think CAO cigars are very high quality, I find many of the blends to be bland and uninspiring. I try everything they toss out there, but really the Brazilia is the only one that I will still (somewhat) regularly pick up.