What's new

Please Help Me Before I Loose My Mind

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've searched all over the internet trying to find some information on these Aztec Stones attached to some humidor lids, what to do with them, do they work well, etc.... I have found nothing!!! :riflefire

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
ok cut and paste from another random site off of google. 'Some smokers remove the stone and soak it for about thirty minutes so that every nook and cranny of the porous stone absorbs water. If you decide to wet the stone, I recommend using distilled water to avoid the minerals found in tap water.'

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hate to post a link to another site, but I think this may be related.

[ame="http://forums.cigarweekly.com/showthread.php?p=452625#post452625"]Clay humidifiers - Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups[/ame]

I think what you'll find is most people here will recommend using silica beads or gel. This may be worth posting in the "Ask Ron" forum.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I thought guys - that the clay was out of date because I usually find them in the vintage storage units!! Just wanted to know more about them but then again how much is there really to say about clay, lol.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have an antique humi that has a detachable clay brick. oak in distilled water for a few hours then dry and replace. Really hard to keep the humidity stable.