What's new

Please pray for my mom

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Prayers sent brother...So sorry to hear this but may you and the family find comfort and piece, within the house, and embrace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
The fight is finally over. Yesterday evening, my dad passed away. he fought a good fight. He was a great man in my eyes.

At 9 years old, due to an accident, my dad lost his left arm. He was dealt a tough blow at an early age, which as was to be his style, he overcame it.

He never accepted the role of a handicap. He stood by his statement which was people who have all their faculties (arms, eyesight, legs, mentality) and didn't use them to their fullest capabilities were handicapped.
Having some relatives delve into genealogy, some questions arose, was my father adopted, I think this claim was negated, seeing my dad after being destroyed by cancer, he looked just like my grandfather.

My dad was full of humor. He worked and went to night school for bookkeeping. Eventually he got a job working at Folsom State Prison, he started as a bookkeeper and worked his way up from that position to finally attaining the title of Manager III of Industry. He finished his career helping to set up the computer and database for all Calif. prison to be connected into a singular system.

Two of my dad's favorite jokes he liked to tell involved his missing arm

The first was, "Man cars are getting more an more expensive, the cost you an arm and a leg, this dealership was vicious... they demanded a down payment!"

The second was an actual incident that happened. We were out fishing together, eventually we ended up moving farther and farther apart from each other. I ended up rounding a bend on the river ad at that point heard "I GOT ONE!" I reeled in my line, put down my pole and ran around to where my father was located. As I got closer he was already putting another work on his hook. I asked....:
"Well where is it?"

He said, "I let it go."

"How big was it?" I asked

He lifted up his left arm and said, "Oh about this big!"
(Mind you this is a site joke, to get it, hold up only one arm like you were showing how big the fish is... you'll get it.

Lastly to try to explain my dad's personality and attitude towards others and life, in general. During the summer of my entry into 7th grade, they held a father son "Welcome to puberty!" discussion. Which featured a film showing pubes, sweat glands etc. At the end of the event, my dad said to me, just stay seated until everyone but the guy who held the event, was the only one besides us left. When that time arrived, we stood up and he led me to the front of the classroom and up to the guy who was erasing the chalkboard... my dad tapped him on the shoulder and as the man turned around my dad says "Remember me?"

Without skipping a beat, the man said you're Lee Euritt," he stated, "How are you doing?"

And they shook hands, wholeheartedly and clapped each other on the back, good-naturedly. I could tell they genuinely liked each other.

Anyway to make an already long story a little shorter, it turns out this guy is the Dr. who amputated my dad's arm.

To Leland Lee Euritt.
God finally found a vacancy and called you home...

Just don't tell him the fish joke!

Love, your son

Jim "Tag" Euritt

P.S. You were always a hero to me, you set the bar high and I have never reached anywhere near it. Maybe one day...

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Sounds like a great man and that is a very moving tribute. If you are still in Sac and want to sit down for a cigar let me know brother, first one will be on me.