What's new

Please pray for our President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I might, but he's so often on vacation (3 this year) I think we need to pray for the populace instead.
Not to change the thread too much, as everyone could use a prayer or at least positive thoughts, but do you think a job like being President really means you get a day off? With modern technology it isn't like he's kicking it with coronas on the beach with no idea of what's going on. If he's in Hawaii, but finds time to call four foreign leaders, meet with his cabinet via skype and work with his aides, does that constitute a vacation day? Not a political statement at all, but I think any person of that stature deserves some vacation. I can't imagine the basic family stuff he's missing out on because of the obligations he does have. The stress on the family and children alone makes me feel for his family.

And he's taking less days off than his predecessor...

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I'm praying that his thread will be deleted. I don't care to know about your religion or politics. Cigar preferences, yes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does it make me a bad person that when I see this thread I think of a song called Prayer that uses the line Satan deliver me to Death?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks to all those who have prayed so far and will continue to.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time."
(1 Timothy 2:1-6 ESV)

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
This thread stayed a lot more on track than I anticipated when I first read it this morning.

That said, I'm just praying he doesn't destroy us all before someone else gets in there.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
PLEASE pray for our President right now.

This is not a political statement, (no political discussion here please) just a call to prayer!

So please pray for our President today!
I pray everyday that a plane will land on the MFers head. Does that count?

Not a political statement, just a prayer!

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I make no apologies.

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” ― Samuel Adams

I am a proud American.

Remember everyone the left will always try and silence those they disagree with because their agreements lack common sense. Stand up and be heard or go sit on the porch with the old ladies.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know what is worse. Bible quoting on BOTL or CC's typical political thread shitting....
I make no apologies.

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” ― Samuel Adams

I am a proud American.

Remember everyone the left will always try and silence those they disagree with because their agreements lack common sense. Stand up and be heard or go sit on the porch with the old ladies.
Don't you find it ironic that the thread was started with an innocent heart but somehow gets derailed by those who love to step on the very thing that was brought up and was pretty innocent. You both tend to want to shit on this for your own personal reasons which are are repugnant to those who just want to express something they believe in with total innocence. I suggest you stay away with anything that has religion or political overtones...you're just not mature enough to bring anything to the thread except a prejudice. I can hardly wait for your 5 year old responses.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
On the Op's original statement....I whole heartedly disagree with what Obama has been doing but I pray for him every day. I pray that he stays healthy as he is the leader of the free world whether we like it or not. I pray that he finds wisdom and does the right thing (he has not yet). Obama may have to make the decision on invading North Korea if it attacks South Korea or launches a missile. Who among us wants to make a decision that will lead to war? People should pray for the enemies and friends, after all God does not just watch over and guide only those you care for. Hopefully Obama does see the light soon. A prayer can only help this, not hurt it.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I don't know what is worse. Bible quoting on BOTL or CC's typical political thread shitting....
I make no apologies.

I am a proud American.

Don't you find it ironic that the thread was started with an innocent heart but somehow gets derailed by those who love to step on the very thing that was brought up and was pretty innocent. You both tend to want to shit on this for your own personal reasons which are are repugnant to those who just want to express something they believe in with total innocence. I suggest you stay away with anything that has religion or political overtones...you're just not mature enough to bring anything to the thread except a prejudice. I can hardly wait for your 5 year old responses.
Here's my 5 year old response for you. Personally, I would rather see this type of thread just stay in the debate room so none of us one here have to willingly see it and that was the point of my comment. It may have "started innocent", but Nate damn well knew it wouldn't stay that way with his "don't make this political" comment and even went back and bolded the comment when a few mins later it became political. The nice thing about the debate room is that is where all the political back and forth stays, it's not allowed to spill out on the forum. So for it to do that here is unfortunate. But it's always the same few that come in and do it if you actually pay attention. This thread was a disaster waiting to happen from the second it was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.